Phlogius sp. Stents

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
Any Aussies experts or at least know somethings out there? Difficult to get much info on this species so what's their typical full grown size for mature female, how long might a female live and when in captivity are they in their burrow almost exclusively or sometimes out other than at 2AM? Thanks.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Any Aussies experts or at least know somethings out there? Difficult to get much info on this species so what's their typical full grown size for mature female, how long might a female live and when in captivity are they in their burrow almost exclusively or sometimes out other than at 2AM? Thanks.
2 years back stents was readily available but now they've vanished. As far as i know stents are just a lighter coloured Phlogius with probably around 160mm diagonal legspan, very closely related to Phlogius Rubuseta (nicknamed red stents), in which case they are probably quite a surface active species during the evening hours. In fact, my Rubiseta female has her legs outside right now at 2:12pm. Lifespan for a female is probably 10-20 years or higher

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Agree with Rez on the above, I remember a lot of ppl were having trouble breeding these with all probability of being wrongly labelled by pet stores etc in the first place, every second tarantula for sale was a stents They are found inland from (removed), mainly associated with wet schleropyll forests/rainforest, along gullies and embankments, like most Phlogius they seem to be affiliated with damp, cool areas in the wild.
In late 90s early 2000s these and the Rockhampton locale were the first to have wild stocks absolutely raped by ppl wanting to make a quick buck.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Agree with Rez on the above, I remember a lot of ppl were having trouble breeding these with all probability of being wrongly labelled by pet stores etc in the first place, every second tarantula for sale was a stents They are found inland from (removed), mainly associated with wet schleropyll forests/rainforest, along gullies and embankments, like most Phlogius they seem to be affiliated with damp, cool areas in the wild.
In late 90s early 2000s these and the Rockhampton locale were the first to have wild stocks absolutely raped by ppl wanting to make a quick buck.
What sucks the most is that i had a Stents sling from what must have been one of the last sellers who had them, that passed away in a really bad heat wave we got. Only ever T death ive had not related to old age. Since then they just up and vanished. Hoping that like Rubisetas, theyll have a sudden and unexplainable surge in slings in the near future

Nicholas Wallbridge

Arachnopeon
Yea hopefully hobbyists like us can help conserve the species even if we aren't able to return captive bred T's to the wild. I myself bought 3 slings this morning, 1x Phlogius sp. Rubiseta, 1x Phlogius sp. Kuttabul and a Phlogius sp. Strennus to add to my collection.

Failinghearts

Arachnopeon
Hoping that like Rubisetas, theyll have a sudden and unexplainable surge in slings in the near future
Near future here don't know if you know, if you do then disregard this I guess :). But Stents seems to be back on the market. There's a guy here in Adelaide who's breeding them along with a few other species. I bought a sling from him almost a month ago.