Phlogius crassipes

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Im getting a Phlogius crassipes so any tips would be nice besides what ive read. Im very open to advice :)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lots of substrate for a burrow (of course), high humidity. They're heavy webbers too.

I have one, a MM.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks for sharing the advice ive been looking at all the old world T's and this seemed like one of the most intresting. I was intrested in a Heteroscodra maculata

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi there,
this species is very easy to keep and a quite hardy spider in captivity.As rob said above keep them with a deep substrate to burrow in and more on the moist side.They are however found in drier climates to as this species has a very large range in Australia.Best bet is to keep them like Haplopelma or other Asian burrowing species.
Once there adults they come out in the open quite a bit and can reach some impressive sizes!Very cool spiders!
Oh and just a warning spiderlings can be pretty speedy to if your not used to these guys ;]
Heres some eye candy for ya

Depending on where your buying from that female above may be the mother of your slings to.Good luck with em!
-Chris

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Swifts ive read a lot about him and he seems to have a very good rep. :)

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have the same species, but I do have a few Phlogius sp. goliath (I'm not sure if I should still be calling them that). Anyway, I just use regular peat in a 32 ounce deli cup. I filled it almost to the top, they burrowed to the bottom within a day. Mine web heavily and strengthen everything with it. One of mine has 5 burrow entrances around the perimeter. Very cool critters. Good luck.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a male thats probably about 3" or so. Before his last molt, he had a cool extensive burrow system. I rehoused him, he molted, and hasn't dug a burrow since. It's been months and he seems happy to chill on top on his big web mat. Not sure why he never re-established a burrow....

And yeah, my tiny slings (thanks Chris) are blazing fast! I get nervous everytime I open their delis and watch 'em speed around {D