Philth's non-theraphosid mygalomorph and true spider photo thread.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I don't have a picture thread for tarantulas, as I usually use the Genus threads to post pics of them. I've been getting more into other mygalomorph, and true spiders, so I created this thread to share them in, rather then starting a bunch of new threads. Please check out the Genus Linothele, I will keep pics of those separated in that over there.

Diplura sp. "Peru" female

Cuppienius coccineus

Cuppienius coccineus
mature male

Acanthogonathus sp.

Ischnothele caudata female

Ischnothele caudata catching crickets for her young to feed on.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Viridasius sp. Madagascar, these are fast growing spiderlings that keep these colors to adulthood, growing to about 4 inches.

Kukulcania hibernalis

Sphodros rufipes

Sphodros rufipes pulling a B. lateralis through its purse web.

Later, Tom

RegallRegius

Arachnosquire
Beautiful spiders, Tom! I am especially excited to see that you have discoved the K. hibernalis. These are awesome spiders that I have bred and raised for many years.

I look forward to your future pics/posts on this thread. :D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Fufius sp. Bolivia female

Fufius sp. Bolivia mature male

Trichopelma sp. "Colombia" (I know the ID is likely wrong here, but that's what were calling them for now)

Trichopelma sp. "Colombia" mature male

Trichopelma sp. "Colombia"

Later, Tom

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice pics! You're making me want to expand into other Mygales. Good luck with that pairing!

P.S. It's about time you started some sort of pic thread. ;)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Nice pics! You're making me want to expand into other Mygales. Good luck with that pairing!
Thanks man, you should, I'd love to see some of these through your lens ;)

Sicarius sp. "Chile" female

Sicarius sp. "Chile" ultimate male

Sicarius sp. "Chile" mating

Sicarius sp. "Chile" eggcases, ones hatched

Sicarius sp. "Chile" mom and babies

Later, Tom

Spepper

Arachnodemon
How do you safely separate the Sicarius spiderlings from their mom? Or are they communal and can live together? Just curious.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
How do you safely separate the Sicarius spiderlings from their mom? Or are they communal and can live together? Just curious.
They were easily coaxed into separate vials with a paintbrush. Despite having potential dangerous venom, they cant climb smooth surfaces like other spiders, making them fairly easy to work with. Regardless these are not spiders for beginners.

As for being communal, I never saw them eating each other, but I was suspicious of cannibalism, when the # of slings seem to diminish, while fat siblings were walking around.

Later, Tom

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Time to bring out the big and the bad- Northern tree dwelling funnel web
That thing lives in a tree? That's pretty cool, nice spider. Do you have any pics of them living in the wild to share?

Heteropodra sp. "BronxNY" mature male, Heteropodra don't live up here, but there is a population if you know where to look lol.;)

Later, Tom

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Hi, yes they do live in trees and they're arguably our most venomous funnel web, if you annoy them they drop legs and strike repeatedly they're that highly strung, they live in the trees like this
View attachment 130828

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i thinks thats the longest thread title i've seen.
oh and cool spiders.

moose