Philippines Scorpion ID Please

Islandhopper671

Arachnopeon
Sunday night I went into my laundry room and found this little beauty. Found a container to place "Her" into. Left her in the container overnight and when I went to check on her the next morning, noticed she had a few scorplets on her back already and another slowly making its way over her face. Looks like 2 are dead and still attached to the after birth. I see about 7 live scorplets riding on mom's back.

I'm now in process of locating tank, lighting etc and will make substrate of forest dirt from behind my house where she came from.

Can anyone identify this species. She is very small and assume she is fully grown if having her own brood. Approximately 2cm in length, not including tail and claws. Been about 25yrs since I had a Black Emporer, so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
20170517_082629.jpg

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could be a Lychas sp or Isometrus maculatus. They are very similar in appearance. I am actually leaning towards a Lychas sp, with Lychas armillatus being the most probable solely based on appearance.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Regardless of species, definitely a buthid, so you don't want to get stung.

Islandhopper671

Arachnopeon
It's now Wednesday here in Philippines and have completed her enclosure. Combination of forest dirt, wood log, couple plants and shallow water dish (actually cooking spoon rest 3mm deep). Even purchased 5 baby cockroaches for food if she gets hungry.
Right now she has found a small cubby on bottom of log to hide and rest. Compared to her size (between a dime and nickel, seems rather big and comfortable for her to explore. 20170517_103117.jpg

Islandhopper671

Arachnopeon
Hmm, when I left for work she was hiding under the log. When I returned home, she is no where to be seen. How long does it take for her to create a burrow and cover herself?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She probably won't eat anything until the scorplings have molted and left her back. That'll be in a week or two.