Philippine Tarantula Species

SerpenTAIL

Arachnopeon
Anyone here who already obtained some Tarantula species from Philippines?

This one is an Ornithoctoninae sp. South Mindanao. PicsArt_12-11-05.34.06.jpg
PicsArt_12-11-05.32.29.jpg

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've got a couple, but they're both still fairly small.

Orphnaecus philippinus

Phlogiellus sp. "palawan" (Phlogiellus johnreylazoi?)

Tashmonster

Arachnopeon
B25E0F9E-CDF4-402E-A111-2A642B6FE04A.jpeg 73C43ED9-0BD3-4272-BF7E-7AB9130EFE24.jpeg I’m not sure what genus this one is in. It molted once in my care, and it is about 4-5”

I obtained it from Aklan province.

Last edited:

SerpenTAIL

Arachnopeon
I’m quite puzzled of what genus this belongs to, It makes me think that Philippines do quite have a lot of tarantula species. :astonished:
Yes Philippines quite a lot undiscover species, actually it also have a large one than Ornithoctoninae sp. Mindanao South, the Ornithoctoninae sp. Oriental, they reach up to 6"-7" DLS quite awesome.

Tashmonster

Arachnopeon
Yes Philippines quite a lot undiscover species, actually it also have a large one than Ornithoctoninae sp. Mindanao South, the Ornithoctoninae sp. Oriental, they reach up to 6"-7" DLS quite awesome.
Indeed! I’ve heard about that too. I’m also intrigued about that Orphnaecus sp “Panay blue”. A beautiful tarantula which is in the same island as where I live. Though, I have never seen one yet as they’re quite rare.

SerpenTAIL

Arachnopeon
Indeed! I’ve heard about that too. I’m also intrigued about that Orphnaecus sp “Panay blue”. A beautiful tarantula which is in the same island as where I live. Though, I have never seen one yet as they’re quite rare.
I want to obtain that too

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got a couple, but they're both still fairly small.

Orphnaecus philippinus

Phlogiellus sp. "palawan" (Phlogiellus johnreylazoi?)
Is sp. Palawan suspected to actually be johnreylazoi?

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is sp. Palawan suspected to actually be johnreylazoi?
Well... I've wondered if they might be the same. I'm not sure, though. P. johnreylazoi was only described in 2016, it's from Palawan, and from photos it seems to look very similar to what was previously sold as sp. Palawan. I posted a thread about this a while ago but didn't get much response:

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/phlogiellus-sp-palawan-phlogiellus-johnreylazoi.313441/

If you or anyone else has more information I'd love to hear it!