Phidippus audax(Bryantae variant) not feeding on D. melanogaster fruit flies after Molting

Arachnolover2

Arachnopeon
Dear Arachnoboards,
Recently(about 2-3 weeks ago) I purchased a Phidippus audax Bryantae variant sling from a trusted website. The sling(about L2 or L3) arrived healthy and uninjured with a Drosophila melanogaster fruit fly culture, both are doing well currently, the jumping spider just molted yesterday(Nov. 29th 2020) and is now either L3 or L4. Before it molted, It readily accepted D. melanogaster fruit flies, but now, it appears to be refusing them. Should I wait a couple days to see if it is just letting its fangs/exoskeleton to harden after molting?, should I switch the feed insect to something larger or smaller? What should I do? Thank you all for your time in advance!

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Wait a couple days and try again. If it still won’t eat, you can either try a new feeder or wait a few more days. Sometimes their preferred feeder changes with a molt.

sloth

Arachnoknight
Dear Arachnoboards,
Recently(about 2-3 weeks ago) I purchased a Phidippus audax Bryantae variant sling from a trusted website. The sling(about L2 or L3) arrived healthy and uninjured with a Drosophila melanogaster fruit fly culture, both are doing well currently, the jumping spider just molted yesterday(Nov. 29th 2020) and is now either L3 or L4. Before it molted, It readily accepted D. melanogaster fruit flies, but now, it appears to be refusing them. Should I wait a couple days to see if it is just letting its fangs/exoskeleton to harden after molting?, should I switch the feed insect to something larger or smaller? What should I do? Thank you all for your time in advance!
Agree with what was said above, normally in my experience it took my little ones 3 ish days to start eating again. Some 2, some 4, depends on the individual. S/he should start eating sometime in the next week just be patient and continue offering.