1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Phiddipus regius / Any jumping spider help

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Tropah, Apr 30, 2017.

1. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    I live in England too. I buy all my pets apart from a house spider I'm keeping at the moment.

Edit.

I misunderstood your question. I buy and raise my livefood and buy enclosures for my pets.

2. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

you live in england :D thats cool i just capture all my pets and food. Tomorrow will be a sunny day for England so jumping spiders.will be everywhere

• Like Like x 1
  3. basin79

Just be careful what you catch and where you catch the food. For example your neighbours might spray insecticide and you could catch a fly etcetera that has been affected.

What I used to do is leave doors open to let flies in. Then leave them for a few hours. If they where alive and well I'd use them.

4. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

Oh ok thanks for the advise and a question what are the jumping spider species youve come across so far in england

5. basin79

In the North West I've only ever seen the Zebra jumpers. They're quite small but beautiful.

6. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

here they get really big the biggest one ive seen was like 12mm or more

7. basin79

I'd estimate the biggest I've ever seen is around 8mm.

8. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

its a sunny day and i caught 3 jumpers all the same species but im gonna release one since it cant climb plastic surfaces even though over ones can whys that?

9. basin79

I'm not sure. Maybe old age?

10. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

Yeh most likely.

11. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

How do you take care of your small juvenile jumpers?

12. See previous post on how i care for mine.

13. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

you always say to release male jumpers ways that?

14. basin79

Because all they want to do is find a mate and breed when they're adults. For better to let them if they're native.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HamZ

HamZ Arachnosquire

oh ok i asked because i just caught a male zebra spider he was pretty big aswell but i released him just now

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.