Phengodidae?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow,very cool,can you imagine that thing at 4",now that would some awesome invert:drool:

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have caught these glowing on the desert floor in Arizona (note two glowspots in 1st photo). Can't wait to move down there this summer!

Attachments

Athelas

Arachnopeon
Cool pic of the glowspots!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in animal behavior? Visit The Birds and the Bees: Things you were
afraid to ask about the secret lives of animals. http://bird-n-bee.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool looking guy. For some reason I think that's not its adult/mature form.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wow,very cool,can you imagine that thing at 4",now that would some awesome invert:drool:
That would rock! Hey John the one you pointed out there is a male but the females keep the larval form as far as I know. Didn't know the sps is in AZ too.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Oh! Best of both worlds. I can't put my finger on it, but it reminds me of a sci-horror creature from 80's cinema?

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ZBZ, you're not talking about the antlion-like earbug from Wrath of Kahn, are you? I'm not sure I can think of a more classic ick-factor bug moment in the movies. In the ear!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I had to look that up, it's been awhile. The Ceti Eel, from Khan's bug collection.

Now watch...in the next couple of days there will be a request for one in the classifieds{D