Phamphobeteus fortis and nigricolor

jose carlos

Arachnopeon
Hi to all,

I am new here, so please be patient. I am really happy to see that a forum for tarantulas exists.
A long time ago I used to have a mexican red knee, as you probably know they are well known for how docile they are, however mine sometimes used to kick hairs when I tried to handle her so I knew she wanted to be left alone.

A friend is going to send a Phamphobeteus fortis and a nigricolor to me, do you guys know what temperament do these Ts normally have? To be honest I will probably eventually try to handle them (I know that its best not to and that I have to be very careful not to drop them or hurt them in any way), I want to know if anyone has owned fortis and nigricolor and if they were docile or not.

THanks in advance :worship:

JC

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have a 6'' nigricolor female that is pretty skittish, i'll handle my P antinous or platyomma but the nigricolor is just too squirrely.

i have handled subadult fortis before and they were fairly docile for the genus.

they do make you itchy and they are always hungry so they might mistake your finger for food, just FYI.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I dont recomend handling at all.

I have a Pamphobeteus fortis that is skittish, kicks hairs and can be very fast, the temprament is somewhat individual.

jose carlos

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply-

Thanks for answering! I am sorry to hear that their temperament is like this, oh well, I will stick to just handling my dog then. LOL

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for answering! I am sorry to hear that their temperament is like this, oh well, I will stick to just handling my dog then. LOL
Why? They wont kick hairs at you as long you dont handle them.