Petsmart got some rare Ts....

tebs

Arachnopeon
Went to Petsmart last night to browse around since I'm planning on a new enclosure....then somebody approached me and asked me what I have..I said..a tarantula....then she got all wide eyed and responded..."coool! we're getting some mexican rose hairs soooon!"

i was like...cool see ya....

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ha. Oh, Petsmart. They don't even sell T's here yet. Petco does, and they're ALWAYS amazed when I go in and easily handle their T's.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ha - must be one of those super-rare ones, like mine that has "Rare Japanese Fighting Fish" - poorly bred Betta Splendens .. My Petco had ONE T.. it said "Female Rose Hair".
I saw a male with a bald rump looking very unhappy on wood chips with a heat lamp.

Chain stores tend to suck when it comes to care and education on these kind of things..

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Huh. That's not the first time I've seen a "Mexican Rose Hair". A Pet Warehouse near me had one of those in just last year. lol

At least your PS is getting into Ts. Ours barely does reptiles.

tebs

Arachnopeon
yeah...i almost said something about it but decided not to...it ain't her fault she got hired for something she doesn't know about, everybody needs to make a living...besides she had a nice rack....

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh...OH! That' always VERY important. ;) LOL

TBONE

Arachnopeon
Where I live in england there is a nationwide store called Pets at Home - all they ever have in is rabbits/fish and chinchillas - BOOOOOOORING

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"coool! we're getting some mexican rose hairs soooon!"
Lol, all I have are the Chile variety, I'll have to get me a mexican one!! {D

Ha. Oh, Petsmart. They don't even sell T's here yet. Petco does, and they're ALWAYS amazed when I go in and easily handle their T's.
I do the same, every time I go in Petco, I ask if I can look at the Ts they have and I just go right in and handle it, they're too scared to lol. Everyone at my Petco knows me and my girlfriend as "the ones with a lot of tarantulas"

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, all I have are the Chile variety, I'll have to get me a mexican one!! {D

I do the same, every time I go in Petco, I ask if I can look at the Ts they have and I just go right in and handle it, they're too scared to lol. Everyone at my Petco knows me and my girlfriend as "the ones with a lot of tarantulas"
{D Yeah, me too. I love it. Especially the FACE people make when I just reach in and scoop em up.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I had to catch and cage Mary Rose (rosea) myself. The guys at the petco were too scared, and the gal was just going to herd her into a cardboard parakeet box... none of them know how to pinch-pick up a T. Even if they had, the two guys kept getting further and further away...

Marga

tebs

Arachnopeon
come to think of it this is actually not the first time this has happened to me...I called a Petco once and ask if they have any Ts in stock the and the guy said...YEAH WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL COLUMBIAN ROSE HAIR WAITING FOR YOU!

never knew there were so many rose hair varieties...

RoseT

Arachnosquire
That's funny. I haven't seen any Ts in any of the petcos or petsmarts around my area, but I do see some overly priced sad looking ball pythons. Id take action but even then wouldn't be able to save them all.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
:wall::wall::wall: I too have heard of the legendary Mexican Rose Hair and these were said to be de-venomized! :wall::wall::wall: But that was when I was younger and didn't have my own T. I was like 9 or something. :D That was when my hometown still actually had a pet store. The closest one now is a 40 minute drive... and they don't have T's....:wall:

If our petsmart had t's... I don't really know. The guy who works there has a rosea, he's asked me for advice before... And since I helped him out, he's started giving me a nice amount of extra crickets everytime I go in. {D Plus, he knows my tarantulas by name.:eek:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
went to petsmart last night to browse around since i'm planning on a new enclosure....then somebody approached me and asked me what i have..i said..a tarantula....then she got all wide eyed and responded..."coool! We're getting some mexican rose hairs soooon!"

i was like...cool see ya....
roflmao!!!!!!{d{d{d

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At least your PS is getting into Ts.
Not sure if thats a good thing. Alot of petstores will do a crappy job on even the most basic Ts that you can get anywhere. Its even worse when they have the needy colorful ones.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope my petsmart gets the rare Mexican rose hair. I'll also probably see if they can order me a Cuban salmon pink birdeater and a Brazilian brown (which is a Texas brown, except from brazil.) {D

tebs

Arachnopeon
Just got off the phone with Petco, I asked if they have any Mexican Ornamental, it was fun but I shouldn't have done that.....:8o