Petco

Ocid

Arachnopeon
Went there the other day to see what T's they had availible granted they only had one... avic. avic about 3" but there is a problem... A) they have it in a terrestrial type layout (no climbing anything) Avic's often web a ton and there was none... and the substrate was tanbark what do you guys think wrong? i think... i even talked to the manager about it and he tried to convince me im wrong... was i?

WeezyTheAvic

Arachnopeon
Your right

I dont think your wrong unfortunately most pet stores are ignorant and they dont care for them properly. I got lucky the petco near me always has there animals keep properly and clean tanks. This is do to the guy who works in the reptile section really knows his stuff. I actually go out my way about 15mins cuse it blows pet extreme away.Sorry to hear this about your local pet store but it's typical unfortunately.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
In my country we have Dinozoo store in Riga city which, that I have conserned, have extremely uncompetent salers. It is only one store in Latvia, where you can get a Ts (only G. rosea - that fact funniest of all). So that is reason why I deal by myself and order Ts from other countries - Polland, Germany and Russia.
Maybe you have to do somethink alike?.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
your right

Big chain pet stores in my opinion are a joke. They don't know squat about the animals they carry. Most of the employees don't know anything about the animals the store is offering. Of course the managers know everything. WRONG! They are the dumbest of all. They are only out to make a buck. I would rather go to a pet store the specializes in reptile/arachnids than the chain stores. They actually know what they are talking about most of the time. Just my thoughts.