• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Petco (Vallejo, CA)

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do not make it a habit of going to Petco to buy live animals, as a general rule, but I wanted to pick up a new rosie last weekend and stopped in at the Vallejo Petco.

Not only did the employee I talk to not know anything about their tarantulas, they didn't have any live tarantulas at the time. They had two cages for rosies, and both contained a dead spider. The employee I talked to said that they put more than one T in a cage and sometimes they killed each other :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This was apparently the fate of the two dead ones, which had not been removed from their cages yet.

Suffice it to say, I would not recommend this store. Like many other Petco stores, it was run by people who know little or nothing about the critters in their charge.

Bryan

arachnoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought my immature B. Smithi here. It was $99 but on sale for $39. They also had giant millipedes and emperors and all seemed to be kept in ok conditions.
However the employees there never smile and seem to try to avoid you.

In general I don't really like Petco's for inverts, (or even other PETS for that matter) but accessories and stuff are awesome.