Petco terrarium ventilation question

Unravel

Arachnosquire

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could always tape serran wrap over most of the vent holes on the sides. I thought of using these as well, they just seem expensive compared to most of the enclosures I normally use.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
You could always tape serran wrap over most of the vent holes on the sides. I thought of using these as well, they just seem expensive compared to most of the enclosures I normally use.
they have a deal going at petco at the moment for 19.99.. i also had some coupons and ended up getting it for basically 16 bucks, which isnt bad.

is packing tape safe? (stick side out)

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Thats interesting, I wonder if you could do something with shrinkwrap? I would prob take the easy way out and just use packing tape. Shrinkwrap would be more aesthetically pleasing.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A P. regalis doesn't require "very" high humidity. My big girl has a water dish and regular feeding. I never mist her enclosure. I've had her for almost 2 years now.

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah sticky side out, I would put the tape on the outside of the enclosure and put 2 pieces together sticky side to sticky side. Leave where the tape sticks to the enclosure just 1 strip to stick to the enclosure that way it isn't sticky where the vent holes are and is on the outside.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
Could we make this thread a sticky?!?!?

What I do with my Avic tank, is put a sandwich bag on part of the ventilation. I don't have to mess with tape or saran wrap, and I can adjust how much ventilation is blocked off at any given time.

--Dan

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I think it's way too much ventilation also it looks like the substaraight will fall out of the holes I put together a ventilation system take a look at these pics it's full adjustable works nice

But I don't use high humidity for p. Regalia they do fine in normal temp and humidity I spray the tank once in a while not often at all just make sure it's got a water dish and it'll be fine

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

This what I keep in their for he req high hum and temp
T-spinipes