Petco Sucks.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Bought a .25in B. Albopilosum sling from there. They were keeping it on wet foam in an enclosure about 5 inches tall with a cricket the size of the T in there. Get it home and sure enough its missing two legs. Glad one of the employees came into my work yesterday so I inquired about any t's. She said yeah but "they are REALLY hard to keep alive so we only got a curly hair left."

I am going to call tomorrow and complain. Not to mention how matter of fact the employees were about "the enclosure was good till the tarantulas to big for it."

edit: I am going to try to offer some advice instead complaining I decided.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Probably the best thing to do isn't complain nor giving advice but stop to give cash to those freaks.

Yeah I know that nothing will change and etc but IMO my point is another.

I'm not talking now about T's or else: my point is that, at 360° and in general, to give money to F-Word idiots is offensive.

Before the next Petco-Storm arrives, remember this:

' errare humanvm est, perseverare autem diabolicvm '

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea I get upset everytime I go in and see that. Everything about them is horrible. I try my best to avoid buying anything from them.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I bought my first tarantula from one of those petco tarantula huts. This was when i still thought those idiots could teach me how to care for a tarantula. Soon after I purchased it I found these wonderful arachnobords. Then I immediately rehoused the poor thing and gave it appropriate food. Lesson learned about pet stores.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It makes really sad dude. :(
To me, for my personal/moral/ethic/life views, sad is to buy from those then complain about. I mean, one time is ok if someone doesn't know the way those deal with animals (like someone jumped out from Himalaya where he/she lived for the last 40 years) but to persist?

A nonsense :pompous:

I found incredible that U.S Theraphosidae keepers with access to informative sites like this (so not the first yahoo of the street that can't tell the differences between a submarine and a 'grammo') buy in those shops because enters the "Oh poor T/T's" always instead of supporting their local (and for local I mean the whole U.S) breeder/sellers.

A little memento: T's in Petco crappy conditions was a rule yesterday, is a rule today, would be the same tomorrow.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If I could steal them I would. I won't be buying anything else from there. I promise.
I don't want nor I'm here for judge you or others, man. You don't need to promise nothing to me. I've only stated my, maybe "rough", opinion about.

Those folks aren't worth to earn the money you guys had to work for, trust me. Support your nation breeders/sellers :-s

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I bought a decent sized b albo and a teeny red knee for $20 combined in November. Was 50% off sale. The curly turned out to be a female and is one of my favorites. I dont knock people buying from pet shops. the first place every one is introduced to tarantulas is the lps. If there were no tarantulas in pet shops nobody would collect them and this site would cease to exist. They should take better care of ALL animals in their care, not just the spiders. Btw those were the only Petco spiders in my collection, and 90% has come from this site's classifieds. Still, I don't judge anyone for buying and caring for these spiders. I in no way condone the huts or Petco way, but have seen worse at other pet shops and shows. I bought one spider from slackwater, which is a zillion times worse than Petco, and one of the nets top destinations and very first google hit when searching "tarantulas for sale". Their prices really are rock bottom, which no doubt leads to a lot of business. I shutter to think how many sick and dying animals they mail out a year.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
the first place every one is introduced to tarantulas is the lps. If there were no tarantulas in pet shops nobody would collect them and this site would cease to exist.
Uhm, no.
Personally, I've never even seen a T in the flesh before mine arrived. And I'm quite certain I'm not the only one.
Pet stores had nothing to do with it.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Well, he found out that their husbandry sucks AFTER he bought the tarantula.

But yes, pet stores usually suck :D
No worries, didn't mean to blame him, but figured that topic fits in well anyways.

Also, I don't trust you... *looks at user name*
:eek:o_O

:D

Icculus

Arachnosquire
everytime this comes up I wonder who the supplier is? Are they coming from the equivalent of a puppy mill or just a local breeder that could be found in the classifieds on this or another site?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
everytime this comes up I wonder who the supplier is? Are they coming from the equivalent of a puppy mill or just a local breeder that could be found in the classifieds on this or another site?
There are several posts that discuss the supplier and all this in great length. If you wonder go look and find out. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If there were no tarantulas in pet shops nobody would collect them and this site would cease to exist.
IMO a pretty debatable statement, man, no matter... even not considering at all the European/worldwide users here :-s

I have yet to meet a European T's keeper that purchased his/her first T's into a pet store big chain.