Petco Mystery T.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
First of all, I do have four Petco slings in my collection :embarrassed:. I have since been able to control myself and have purchased no more from them. That does not mean I don't like the ones that I have acquired from said box store. I have become quite fond of them. I have a 4" male P. cambridgei, a 2" female B. vagans, an unsexed .75" B. albopilosum, and well... a ??? T. This T. in question was simultaneously labeled as a Brazilian Pink Salmon Bird-eater and a P. muticus. Furthermore, theses labels were accompanied with a picture of an A. geniculata. At this point I have ruled out the A. genic and the P. muticus. For you guys who have raised LPs, what do you think? It is now at about 1.25" DLS. IMG_0416.JPG

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Wow you gotta love that labeling lol. Your lucky you even got a T because its obvious they have no idea.

MGery92

Arachnosquire
It looks like an LP to me, mine looked like this, when it was L6 (sorry, I don't know its size :( ).

L6.jpg

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First of all, I do have four Petco slings in my collection :embarrassed:. I have since been able to control myself and have purchased no more from them. That does not mean I don't like the ones that I have acquired from said box store. I have become quite fond of them. I have a 4" male P. cambridgei, a 2" female B. vagans, an unsexed .75" B. albopilosum, and well... a ??? T. This T. in question was simultaneously labeled as a Brazilian Pink Salmon Bird-eater and a P. muticus. Furthermore, theses labels were accompanied with a picture of an A. geniculata. At this point I have ruled out the A. genic and the P. muticus. For you guys who have raised LPs, what do you think? It is now at about 1.25" DLS. View attachment 241743
Well, there's no well in hell it is a p. muticus, the a. geniculata is usually striped at a pretty young age so it's probably not that, must be a parahybana, looks like one to me, time will tell, I think that's the best outcome, just imagine that people would pay more for an LP if it was more expensive!

MGery92

Arachnosquire
I have been very suspicions that it was an LP. It has been kicking hairs like an LP since it was 1/3" DLS.
I'm lucky, mine is not a hair kicker, just a crazy little thing called LP. :) It always runs to its hide.

cold blood

Staff member
Looks like an LP. Keep an eye on that P. cam...its likely penultimate.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I think you did a video on Petco tarantula huts once where the tarantula was labelled the same way. Three different species... Now that's really a good indicator that they should not be handling tarantulas.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I think you did a video on Petco tarantula huts once where the tarantula was labelled the same way. Three different species... Now that's really a good indicator that they should not be handling tarantulas.
I heard rumor that they are finished. At least my local stores. Good thing, I have been seeing more and more dead on their store shelf.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I heard rumor that they are finished. At least my local stores. Good thing, I have been seeing more and more dead on their store shelf.
I was told the same thing at a local store. There's an employee with a large snake collection that I talk to occasionally. I was telling him that those containers are terrible, and he said they weren't getting more after the three they had were gone.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Mine was labeled as "B vagans" but we will see :rolleyes: Only have ever gotten one sling, and plan to make all future purchases from credible sources. I like the mystery of not knowing what your sling is and trying to figure it out as it grows (at least in this case) :astonished: Currently she is in her hide with the door closed, so I'm hopeful for a molt soon :embarrassed: