Petco fail

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Are there any photos of OBTs that aren't in a threat posture? :D
Yeah, catch one in the middle of a meal ;)

Anywho, yeah this was sorted... somewhat. They won't carry OW, but lied to viper, me, and others who contacted them as they refuse to change the care. I'm not gonna lie, I did just get a B.smithi from them. It was from their first batch and was starting to get its colors since it's been living at the petco so long.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Yeah, catch one in the middle of a meal ;)

Anywho, yeah this was sorted... somewhat. They won't carry OW, but lied to viper, me, and others who contacted them as they refuse to change the care. I'm not gonna lie, I did just get a B.smithi from them. It was from their first batch and was starting to get its colors since it's been living at the petco so long.
I picked up a boehmei hybrid from them, only because they were keeping it in a swamp and the poor thing was literally dying.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I'm pretty sure that Petco has stopped selling OWs. New labels are starting to show up without the OWs listed. I did see a P. cambridgei at mine in July though (not an OW, but still).

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Smh we all collectivly agree they shouldnt sell T's and we all collectivly agree that we want them to stop selling T's yet 1/2 the comments here are of ppl who buy, bought, or plan to buy T's from them.........
Most of those supporting petco are speaking out saying how bad petco is......,,

How bout we dont act like its bad if we are gonna just run to petco an support them? Lets just tell the truth here and stick by it.

One thing i hate more then almost anything is when ppl talk a big game then run off an do the opposite.
Practice what you preach

If you want petco to stop sellin T's an think its wrong for them to do so then STOP giving them your business.

Rant over

Icculus

Arachnosquire
I was in petco today and they had a 1/4" g pulchripes sling in with a cricket that was at least twice as big. I've also seen a 3" Rosie stuck in one of those huts. didn't even have any room to move. it's to bad they can't take care of them better. I've looked at that list before but out of the four petcos in my area I've only seen a avics,g pulchripes,b smithi, and rosies.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Smh we all collectivly agree they shouldnt sell T's and we all collectivly agree that we want them to stop selling T's yet 1/2 the comments here are of ppl who buy, bought, or plan to buy T's from them.........
Most of those supporting petco are speaking out saying how bad petco is......,,

How bout we dont act like its bad if we are gonna just run to petco an support them? Lets just tell the truth here and stick by it.

One thing i hate more then almost anything is when ppl talk a big game then run off an do the opposite.
Practice what you preach

If you want petco to stop sellin T's an think its wrong for them to do so then STOP giving them your business.

Rant over
But what about rescuing them? :troll:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Guys....let's keep our heads cool on this one ok? All previous threads on this subject ended up in flaming and intervention from moderators. Everything has been said about this topic at least a dozen times before. Hell, even this post has been posted by me before. And that was a few weeks ago.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
We beat this dead horse every few months or so. Buy from them or don't. Regardless, I doubt Petco will stop selling them anytime soon no matter what you decide to do.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
To me, it doesn't matter whether it can feel pain or abandonment - it's a living creature. I'm just a big bleeding heart, I can't help it :banghead:
My daughter feels bad for the crickets. She watched me feed my T yesterday and when I dropped a cricket into the enclosure it fell in the water dish and she freaked out because she thought it was going to drown. Of course I got it out and then she freaked out again when my T caught it. So I told her the T venom made it painless for the cricket. Not sure if that's true or not but it satisfied her.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My daughter feels bad for the crickets. She watched me feed my T yesterday and when I dropped a cricket into the enclosure it fell in the water dish and she freaked out because she thought it was going to drown. Of course I got it out and then she freaked out again when my T caught it. So I told her the T venom made it painless for the cricket. Not sure if that's true or not but it satisfied her.
fun fact, Ts dont really need their venom for feeding as their fangs pretty much do all the work.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Guys....let's keep our heads cool on this one ok? All previous threads on this subject ended up in flaming and intervention from moderators. Everything has been said about this topic at least a dozen times before. Hell, even this post has been posted by me before. And that was a few weeks ago.
We beat this dead horse every few months or so. Buy from them or don't. Regardless, I doubt Petco will stop selling them anytime soon no matter what you decide to do.
Agreed on this topic . May I humbly suggest that the first rule of Arachnoboards be that no one talks about Petco . The second rule of the Arachnoboards is that no one talks about Petco . And that the third rule of the Arachnoboards be that we all know that his name was Robert Paulson . And if you forget these rules you're gonna get a lead salad !!