PETA LMAO

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I’ve been monitoring this thread. You all laugh and make fun. I never knew tarantulas were such an advanced life form. I feel so...dirty. (sniff)

Oh, well I’m over it, back to the classifieds!

laservet

Arachnopeon
Peta's real agenda is to keep people owning animals in any way, which they consider "slavery". They're so insane that they believe that dogs and cats are better off being euthanized than being owned by humans. They are truly sick, crazy people.
This. They feel all animals would be better off without human intervention. They don't publicise that because it would cut into their donations from gullible people, but if you ask them they aren't shy about it. My brother in law dated PETA's national public relations director for a couple of years (cute, but nuts!), I've dealt with them many, many times, and have spent some time in their national headquarters (expensive riverfront property, every room has a top end Apple computer, very well funded).

Not sure my Yorkies would do well in the wild, other than to become a snack for a predator. But that would be all right with PETA because as others have noted here they feel the animals would be better off dead than as pets. That's why when they were caught and publicly outed for picking up puppies and kittens in North Carolina, promising to find them homes, and immediately euthanizing them in the truck and dumping the bodies into a dumpster behind a grocery store in Virginia Beach, their president said she was sorry they were caught. Not sorry they did it, just sorry they were caught.

They have their own "humane" shelter here in our area, it has the highest euthanasia rate of any shelter around, over 90%. If they get ahold of an animal it's going to die. At their core they are very anti-animal, anti-pet.

Peta's real agenda is to keep people owning animals in any way, which they consider "slavery". They're so insane that they believe that dogs and cats are better off being euthanized than being owned by humans. They are truly sick, crazy people.
This.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Seraph

Arachnolord
!!

They also consider services dogs as essentially slaves to their owners. I’m profoundly deaf and use an Australian Shepherd as a hearing dog. I definitely “pay” him in pets and pupperonis!
That one of the most abominable thing I can think of. They are actively making people's lives worse through their crusade. Also, why do you not wear hearing aids? Do they give you a headache?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is there a counter-organisation somewhere? I can't believe this organization gets away with the things it does. Where is the law? The mayors and councils? Why aren't real animal rights standing up to this?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
That one of the most abominable thing I can think of. They are actively making people's lives worse through their crusade. Also, why do you not wear hearing aids? Do they give you a headache?
I’m completely deaf so HA’s don’t work for me. A cochlear implant might but I’m not interested in hearing lol been deaf my whole life so it’s my “normal”. Totally cool with typing and ASL :)

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I’m completely deaf so HA’s don’t work for me. A cochlear implant might but I’m not interested in hearing lol been deaf my whole life so it’s my “normal”. Totally cool with typing and ASL :)
Ah, I see. I was only wondering as I am profoundly deaf and hearing aids work for me, albeit not perfectly.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
PETA = Pompous Eco Terrorist Arseholes

I do have to laugh at their attempts at shock value advertising. The funniest ones I can remember were when they tried to claim that cow's milk gives you Autism, and that chicken makes you impotent o_O:rofl::rofl::rofl:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
PETA still somehow thinks that it’s bad to shear sheep, despite having been told that it isn’t for years. https://twitter.com/peta/status/1136357961675280384?s=21
Drives my wife up the wall.

If you see a sheep/alpaca/llama that has NOT been sheared within a year or so, that's an unhappy animal. They evolved to living with us, and no longer shed their fleece on their own. So, leaving them in a heavy wool coat all summer is a real dickhead move.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The fact that anyone believes that organization has any credibility is a nightmarish miracle with all the awful stuff that has come to light about it.
They count on the fact that most people will only hear their PR that they want protect animals and not look into them too closely. Sadly, they're usually right.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
PETA = Pompous Eco Terrorist Arseholes

I do have to laugh at their attempts at shock value advertising. The funniest ones I can remember were when they tried to claim that cow's milk gives you Autism, and that chicken makes you impotent o_O:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I often enjoyed their pop at Pokemon. "Pokemon Black and Blue". Kept me amused for a short time anyway haha

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
My favorite part is that the villains of Black and White, the games they are parodying, are PETA in all but name.
You're absolutely right. I forgot B&W. "We're here to save pokemon, by fighting any pokemon with a human!" Yup, sounds like PETA

I must admit, I almost broke down in tears of laughter when they tries to have a pop at Steve Irwin, only to have the entire situation blow up in their faces lol