pet trade G. iheringi = G. mollicoma

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Saw an advert posted today for a female "G. iheringi". According to theraphosid taxonomists in Uruguay, the true G. iheringi does not exist in the hobby. To the best of our current knowledge, the beautiful black "Grammy" with deep red setae on the opisthosoma and a shiny mirror patch is Grammostola mollicoma.

To view images of this species and enjoy the largest and most complete gallery of tarantulas on the internet, please visit the BTS Forum theraphosidae gallery at http://thebts.co.uk/forums/gallery/index.php/cat/511.

Best regards, Michael

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the link. I did not see any photos there of G. iheringi. Do you know of any? I wouldn't trust any search I did as it would likely have me looking at who knows what. Also, are iheringi and mollicoma in the same areas? What distinguishes one from the other?

Thanks

My Grammostola whatever

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! Thanks for the info, I didn't know it.

And then... how the true G. iheringi looks like?! :?

Cheers,
Bothrops

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the link. I did not see any photos there of G. iheringi. Do you know of any? I wouldn't trust any search I did as it would likely have me looking at who knows what. Also, are iheringi and mollicoma in the same areas? What distinguishes one from the other?

Thanks

My Grammostola whatever
this looks like a G.Actaeon.. brazilian red rump.. well, i may be wrong :D