pet stores are getting awful!!!!!!!!

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i stopped by this place right as i walk in they had a shark in a tank i was like right on went to the reptile dept and they had everything well set up i was like cool then i thought to myself where are the tarantulas as that was what i was comming in for,so i ask the lady heyy i called about a tarantula she was like yeah right over there she guided me and i couldnt believe my eyes they had these poor things on a table in plastic containers with sand out in the open where anyone could put there hands in the spiders look'd sick i was totally disgusted i look'd for the manager to yell at him or to ask what they where thinking but he or she wasnt there this has to be the worst i never thought id say this but petco is a heaven to tarantulas and pet extreame is a hell they should no longer be allowed to sell tarantulas,unless they improve there living envirements and put them where kids hands cant so easly reach inside!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, unless they're real Koth-humans, we know they're gonna put a H.Lividum in there someday.. :D

And btw, I think I kind of like your way of writing :)

Hm, anyways, it reminds me of something..the other day, I went into one of the petstores herearound, and I found they'd gotten a scorpion. Cool, I thought; it has a rather large enclosure, and nice ventilation, and clean, crushed-brick looking substrate, cinder dry, on which stood a waterbowl with translucent water. And there was just one cricket. It had to put up with the usual light-ramp, and of course it would have been nice if it could actually have hid itself from it, but overall, I thought it looked pretty good.

So I get home and look up H.Spinifer.
Rain forest species. Likes to burrow every now and then.
Heh.

Last edited:

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Small World

Wow - imagine - just found this board yesterday - knew about the board part for on-line dealers reviews but did not know about this message board......duh.:?

Well.......anyway......I just moved to Texas 3 years ago.......came from California......lived there for over 30 years......my son was born in Modesto, Calif & that is the area I am from in Calif.

Thought I knew every pet store in Modesto.......one of my Ts, an A.avic is from Modesto, PetCo store. I brought it back with me week of Jan 12th.

Where is this Pet Extreme? I go to Modesto, Ca couple times a year cause of my folks being in that area.........would like to check this place out & see what is going on.

Will give them a piece of my mind if they have their critters in a bad situation. (I usually try to tell the folks in the petstores about critter husbandry) :}

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
pet extreame is located in turlock get on the highway going 99 south from modesto take the monte vista exit take a left then turn right on countryside lane its a big shopping center and the petstore is huge you cant miss it.im gonna call them today i just cant believe it i have seen tarantulas in bad shape and in bad setups but this was just cruel and to see all these other pets in such good enclosures and safe really makes me angry!