pestisides/wolfspiders

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my house has been over ran with hunderds of wolf spiders.if i bomb my house for wolfspiders how long will i have too remove my tarrantulas for ?i am considering not bombing it are their any outher alternitives

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wolfspiders aren't actually that bad they keep all the other things out of your house/yard, but if you really want to get rid of them and you bomb your house I'd say keep your Ts out for no less then 2 weeks just to be safe.

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most of the "Bomb" type materials are Pyrethroids, Pyrethrins, Or Permethrin materials. They are contact killers only, killing only what they come in contact with. Once "dry", there is no active material left in the air or on any surface. This break down takes place within the first 20 minutes of the bomb being discharged. Returning after 4 hours and ventilating for 20 minutes, opening some windows on opposite ends of the home, will make it safe for any inverts to return home. A better treatment would be to apply a material around the outside of the home. Include all doors and windows. This would kill the items the wolf spiders are preying on, and may help keep them from entering the home, as they would have to go further into the yard for food/prey items. There are many good materials avail at both Home Depot and Walmart.

Good luck,
John

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My house has killer wolf spiders, the sizes you see for sale on this site that look like a juvie T. Don't think I'd wanna get tagged by one that size. You can google traps for spiders and these will work just fine instead of using a "I'm gonna kill every living critter I touch" bomb (called indescriminate killing).

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I get wolf spiders of all sizes in my house, from babies to baby T's!!!

Interesting thing is that lately, some of my smaller spiders that are behind doors in bathrooms and under the edge of kitchen cabinets have developed a taste for wolfies!!!!

If I see a spider web in the house with a pile of bodies laying under it's web, I will usually let them live a while. Free pest control! They usually eat bugs I didn't even know were in the house! I was hoping the wolfies would get some of these black crickets that keep getting in the house and chirping like mad but, the wolfies have been ending up as meals for the smaller spiders.