Pest Control and Ts

Dimator

Arachnopeon
apartment building has a serious roach infestation problem and within a few days, the landlord will have a pest control crew come over and spray some mild chemicals (as they say) in the exterior and the inner corridor in order to get rid of the roaches.
Although they will not spray inside my apartment (unless I tell them so) ,I was wondering; Would it be safe for my Ts or should I relocate them for a few days?

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
If it's not too many animals and in you have a suitable place to keep them, I'd say definetly relocate for 2 weeks.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
If it's not too many animals and in you have a suitable place to keep them, I'd say definetly relocate for 2 weeks.
Thing is, except from the Ts (which are 7) I've got some other animals that won't probably do well in direct exposure to these chemicals (such as a ball python, a bearded dragon and my mealworm and red runner colony)

Another thing is that I haven't many options for relocating all of them

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
At least all the inverts should be out of the way. I mean, why would you want to keep a roach colony anywhere near a place where anti-roach poison is sprayed?

The reptiles will probably be okay if you keep the room as little exposed as possible.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
At least all the inverts should be out of the way. I mean, why would you want to keep a roach colony anywhere near a place where anti-roach poison is sprayed?

The reptiles will probably be okay if you keep the room as little exposed as possible.
good point, thanks for the advice

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have pest control spay the outside perimeter of the house every few months. I close the windows and turn off the central air for a little bit. Just had it done today as a matter of fact.

Wash your hands well and if you do any maintenance or feedings on the ground just be aware of any transfer from your shoes to the floor for a little while if you wear shoes indoors. Other than that I don’t worry about it.

As for inside pest control I do traps.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
I have pest control spay the outside perimeter of the house every few months. I close the windows and turn off the central air for a little bit. Just had it done today as a matter of fact.

Wash your hands well and if you do any maintenance or feedings on the ground just be aware of any transfer from your shoes to the floor for a little while if you wear shoes indoors. Other than that I don’t worry about it.

As for inside pest control I do traps.
Thanks that was really reassuring. I'll keep that in mind :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thing is, except from the Ts (which are 7) I've got some other animals that won't probably do well in direct exposure to these chemicals (such as a ball python, a bearded dragon and my mealworm and red runner colony)

Another thing is that I haven't many options for relocating all of them
Maybe bring them to a vet

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
apartment building has a serious roach infestation problem and within a few days, the landlord will have a pest control crew come over and spray some mild chemicals (as they say) in the exterior and the inner corridor in order to get rid of the roaches.
Although they will not spray inside my apartment (unless I tell them so) ,I was wondering; Would it be safe for my Ts or should I relocate them for a few days?
It's a crappy situation, but at least they wouldn't spray inside, so keep the windows and your door (when possible) well closed.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
It's a crappy situation, but at least they wouldn't spray inside, so keep the windows and your door (when possible) well closed.
Yes I'm going to shut everything down and cover the bottom/top of the doors/windows with wet towels