Peso Updates

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
Glad to see I haven't been forgotten. More importantly, Peso is remembered as well :)
Peso is at a respectable 1.75-2" now, after a moult in late December. I was able to smuggle him/her onto an airplane. Thanks to some suggestions from everyone here, and Canadian Chris, I was able to pack him properly.
Also, Peso is now in a small kritter keeper, rather than a rubbermaid container. My friends think the KK is too small, but I worried at first that it was too large. I'm glad I moved him in there now because he seems happy enough (as far as I can tell).
My favourite news is that Peso has started redecorating :D
I considered providing him with a pre-burrow, but before I got the chance he re-arranged his whole home. I had his substrate completely level, and I woke up one day to see that he had built a little hill. Now, about two weeks later, he has moved around a lot of his substrate, and there is a big clump in the middle that he hides behind, probably to stay out of my view. I was lucky enough during all of this bulldozing to see him in action, and it was amazing to watch. Not as impressive as molting, but more exciting than feeding. Peso seems to be done for now, and hasn't moved much dirt in the past few days.
I've been bogged with work lately, and so I may not be online as often, but I haven't forgotten about the site that tought me all I know.
Cheers,
Paul

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Paul,
Its good to hear from you and the little guy.
He must be getting some good color now, right?
My G. pulchra is in pre molt, and I'm hopeing will come out of his hide soon. It's 3/4".
If peso is 1 3/4", you should be able to sex its next molt cast.
Are you going to try? Hopefully Peco's a girl, but if not at least you'll know, so you can start planning to get him a mate. Or are you going to stay a one spider man for a while yet?

Take care Bro.

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My pulchra just molted and is around 1.5 inches, how can you sex an exuvium that small?

Thanks,

Mark

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Good to hear, Paul.

Peso seems to be the Arachnopets official mascot, as much attention as he gets ;) Better keep taking reaaal good care of him.

Bill