Peruvian Avicularia

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am curious what Peruvian Avics there are. Urticans seems to dominate the Google searches by nature of its common name (Peruvian Pink Toe), but I know there are others. Does anyone have a list of the known Peruvian Avics?

purevl

Arachnopeon
I am curious what Peruvian Avics there are. Urticans seems to dominate the Google searches by nature of its common name (Peruvian Pink Toe), but I know there are others. Does anyone have a list of the known Peruvian Avics?
Wikipedia lists these...

Avicularia ancylochira (Mello-Leitão, 1923) — Brazil, the Peruvian Red Stripe Pinktoe, Peruvian Red And Black Pinktoe, Peruvian Monochromatic Pinktoe - lists Brazil as locale but common name is Peru so might be there as well?
Avicularia aurantiaca (Bauer, 1996) — Peru, the Peruvian Cinammon Pinktoe, Peruvian Yellow Banded Pinktoe
Avicularia aymara (Chamberlin, 1916) — Peru
Avicularia azuraklaasi (Tesmoingt, 1996) — Peru, the Peruvian Powder Blue Pinktoe
Avicularia urticans (Schmidt, 1994) — Peru, the Peruvian Purple Pinktoe

And I've seen Avicularia sp. Peru purple for sale before.

Last edited:

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks man. Have you or anyone heard of Avicularia sp. Pucallpa? If so, is there an actual species name besides the locale?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From what I know the states don't have sp. Pucallpa.

You're also missing Avicularia sp. Tarapoto.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Thanks man. Have you or anyone heard of Avicularia sp. Pucallpa? If so, is there an actual species name besides the locale?
It is either a new species or one that has not been identified/compared to known species.

From what I know the states don't have sp. Pucallpa.
Yes, they have been offered to the US. Maybe run a search through the classifieds?

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has anyone seen A. sp. Pucallpa first hand? If so, do they have a greenish tint and soft looking setae?