Peru is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Peru is closed. It has been since '99. They are not allowing out any inverts at all. I know this for a fact and have people that can verify it.

Any Peruvian centipedes available or made available, are from private collections.

Possibly in the near future, Scolopendra sp. from South American might be made available, but they are not currently and are not planned to be available for legal export from Peru anytime soon.

I posted this to kill the rumors and hype of something that isn't real.

Centipedes from Peru are going to stay in Peru just like they have since '99 and there is no immediate plans to have them availablef for export.

Todd

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Todd, I have information to the contrary. I understand you feel your contacts are better informed, but I think we can at least allow for the possibility that the collection quota list (not for preserved specimens) that was forwarded by the Peruvian embassy was accurate.

Time will tell. We're told to expect Peruvians by April-May of this year.

bill

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Fax copy from Peruvian embassy???

Bill,

From my reliable government contact in Peru who got the below statement directly from the wildlife ministry office:

" I talked with the official in Lima in charge of
fish and wildlife,conservation of fauna,and he says NO permits have been issued or will be for live
centipedes,only disected mounted ones.the country of Peru would like a copy of that fax or whatever it was to track it down."

The fax copy shown with the Peruvian government's wildlife ministry approval and who gave that approval would clear all this up quickly. The Peruvian gov. wants to know who issued this and see a copy of this fax. At this point, I'd say somebody is playing a hoax on you and the Peruvian gov. would like to clear this up as well.

Todd

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is neither the correct forum nor the right time to be doing this, Todd. I won't have a repeat of that ludicrous chat session from several weeks ago played out here.

I trust my source as reliable and the fax was clear. If it turns out to be a 'hoax' then that's between my supplier, my customers and I.

bill

Status
Not open for further replies.