Personal experiences with these species?

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Interesting, for the record I don’t know how to quote multiple people, but I read them all! I’m surprised pulcher seems to be very different for people I’m curious to see how man acts, the chilobrachys I do hear can be a little mean, fossorials and terrestrials to tend to be more grouchy especially for rehousing, which is why I love arboreals xD nothing like gently setting in a cork tube they were hiding in in the new enclosure and the rehouse is done xD

Craig73

Arachnoangel
If you want to quote multiple posts you can just click on the +Quote under the posts you want to quote. Once you have all the ones you want to quote go to the reply box and click on Insert Quotes under the Text box. You’ll get a confirmation to quote all or you can remove them as well if you changed your mind.

You can also highlight parts of a post and go through the same steps if you don’t want to quote the entire post.

When you approve the ones you want to quote their comments start and end with [Quote}. You would just need to type your comment after the [Quote} that is at the very end of their comment. If you did multiple quotes you would go to the next comment and again type your response after the [Quote} at the end of their comment.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
How would you guys compare the pulcher to the versicolor in terms of behavior?
In my experience, all my psalmopoeus are much more likely to bolt and get defensive than any avicularia. I don’t have a versicolor but I’m pretty sure they’re similar to Avics temperament wise.

ComputerDellLI

Arachnopeon
So currently among my smallest slings, I’m curious on how they are for everyone, if you’ve had them in any stages of their life can you tell me what you think about them? How their behavior changes with age and such? The few I have gotten are: Cyriopagupus hati hati, psalmopeus pulcher, Omothymus violaceopes, and the latest who is still in shipping currently, the Chilobrachys sp electric blue.

with these experiences too is there any sexual dimorphism with the chilobrachys? Do males still shine like that?
I can speak for the Hati Hati and the Electric Blue. Hati Hati is a medium to slow growing Cyriopagopus that I find more similar in behavior to my O. shioedtei. Their arboreal tendencies are very visible when they get bigger and can often be seen in the open waiting for food if they have a place to retreat to (even slings like to climb sometimes). The 'purple' color is more of a dark grape than what you'd see in a violaceus and they have a nice solid cream colored carapace as adults. My female which is about two and half years old is currently at the bottom of her enclosure under 4+ inches of substrate (include places to climb and burrow) preparing for a molt. The slings are small, burrow, and still grow slowly, so slowly that I named my Mature female 'Runt' because I didn't think she was going to make it. I've had two Chilobrachys Electric Blues. One matured within about a year into a MM, and the other is a 6"+ Mature female. Damp substrate should be used for both, as slings, juveniles and adulthood. Mature males are very beautiful with tufts of white or cream setae on their legs that I call 'Aspen kicks' They're great eaters, and aggressive stalkers, which web as much as any Chilobrachys. I've observed them 'saving' food for later if their chelicerae are full. Altogether an amazing species that is similarly semi-terrestrial as fimbriatus. They are defensive but would much rather run and hide if their enclosure is being opened. You'll see them quickly teleport into their burrow. Very fast spiders.