Peppered Roaches Not Breeding

Eden Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everyone, so I've been keeping peppered roaches for quite a while, but recently they haven't been breeding. I keep the temps at 80 during the day and 75 at night. Humidity is ususally like 50-60%. All my other roach species are breeding fine.
Any suggestions?

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
Try adding moist wood to the enclosure for them to eat. This helps them for some reason. They also give live birth, so you might have to wait a while before you can see any changes.

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Hey everyone, so I've been keeping peppered roaches for quite a while, but recently they haven't been breeding. I keep the temps at 80 during the day and 75 at night. Humidity is ususally like 50-60%. All my other roach species are breeding fine.
Any suggestions?
Do they have an inch or two of hardwood leaf litter? Mine began breeding a few weeks after both males and females had matured and will chase each other all around the tank making quite a bit of noise. The babies appeared about three months after I had a few adults breeding.

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
I find that this species has higher humidity requirements than others. I keep mine in coco fiber that is always kept somewhat damp, so probably around 80% humidity. Maybe higher. They also seem to do better with plenty of space and hides for the adults, and enough substrate for the nymphs to burrow. I keep mine in an 80qt container, and even that is starting to be too small. Some of the adults are starting to look pretty chewed up. Also, maybe up the temperature a little more to about 90 degrees. Of course, leaf litter is also important, as previously mentioned. Good luck!