People that handle their hot T's

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I see pics in the gallery section of people holding their "hot" T's if the OW sp is even considered a hot sp. But I just want to ask those that actively handle their OW sp. Why do you do it?. lol..I mean they are your T's and all, but are you so sure that they will not bite?,...Why would you put yourself in that danger to begin with. I just dont get it....I odnt even handle mine, and my "hottest T, is a P. Irminia. I just dont see the risk being worth it, even though they seem to be docile..

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it comes down to either thrill seeking or some form dominance related behavior.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
For me I know my T's and interact with them on a frequent basis. Yes they are wild, but I know what they are capable of and know the risks, I have never been bitten(yet). I don't handle my OBT's, I do handle my A. brock, and my B. smithi regularly but for short periods, my G. pulchra is always molting so I leave it alone.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why do you do it?. lol..I mean they are your T's and all, but are you so sure that they will not bite?,...Why would you put yourself in that danger to begin with. I just dont get it....I odnt even handle mine, and my "hottest T, is a P. Irminia. I just dont see the risk being worth it, even though they seem to be docile..
Most people prob just to show off!I agree with you tho it is not worth risking getting bit or the spider injuring themselves!
-Chris

Rob1985

This user has no status.
let me exploit this winner... :wall:

[YOUTUBE]tX5h-IEBh08[/YOUTUBE]

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
He could have at least worn a shirt...:wall::barf:

I read here on the boards that a lot of T's will only be skittish when out of their territory.:? I don't know. I still wouldn't do it...for free.

--Dan

Rob1985

This user has no status.
He could have at least worn a shirt...:wall::barf:

I read here on the boards that a lot of T's will only be skittish when out of their territory.:? I don't know. I still wouldn't do it...for free.

--Dan
and he drops it her too...

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Heh,actually i was trying to find that video for some time.

He owns the Physics Nobel, just in case you guys didnt know.
no problem.. I actually ran across the vid a few weeks ago when searching for "S.calceatum" vids.

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Whooo... that was intense, and stupid. But gotta say he's a pretty brave guy to do that with the feather leg. I winced when she fell though.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes it just happens... I've had more than one pokie pop out of it's container and crawl up my arm while rehousing.

And some people like cacoseraph or mike troll just seem to enjoy discovering new levels of pain:}

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is no explanation or justification for such actions:embarrassed: :).

(I didn't watch the whole thing or listen to what he was saying because I am in a room with other people:rolleyes:.)

--Dan
He isn't wearing a shirt so if in the event the t runs out of his line of site, he can feel exactly where it is in order to get it back onto his hand.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
He isn't wearing a shirt so if in the event the t runs out of his line of site, he can feel exactly where it is in order to get it back onto his hand.
it still doesn't justify him being a moron though... :wall:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been wondering the same thing, but have recently seen a few videos of people handling pokies that seem downright calm and docile. Still a huge risk, and one I'm not sure I will ever take, but it makes me think it can be done under the right circumstances. I've also heard of people being bitten by not very "hot" Ts (G. rosea, etc), so really handling any species of giant spider with pointy fangs and venom is a risk.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE]TaZ2v5zS-z8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f96ITTEsGmA[/YOUTUBE]

I don't necessarily think these people are completely insane for handling their pokies, for instance...though they might have unusually docile specimens. Again, don't know if I'd try it myself.

Earthworm Soul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Karma... :clap:
Don't get me wrong, I love Mike despite the idiotic things he does and the dumb theories he believes in...

But it must be noted that he has never been bitten by a T, so... take what you will from that.

Hey, in case you're reading this What, that's Medicine Man in the video.