Pentiction BC spider.

mitchnast

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like a regular old penticton variety araneus gemmoides. probably gravid, it will lay a sac soon and die

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Check out the midges/mosquitos caught in its web. They look too small for it to eat, but at least some orb weavers consume these little guys when they take in their web and eat it before building a new one. As a whole they probably add up to a nice meal.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Check out the midges/mosquitos caught in its web. They look too small for it to eat, but at least some orb weavers consume these little guys when they take in their web and eat it before building a new one. As a whole they probably add up to a nice meal.
good point J, noticed that too. very neat.

SpiderShadowz

Arachnopeon
Cat faced spider! They are all over the Okanagan. I currently have this one's twin at my house. You can also find these guys with different markings on their back. The two bumps and the sometimes markings have given these ones the nick name cat faced spider. I have had them make webs on my second floor windows for a few years. The one I have this year made a web under a solar light. She ate bees all summer. Orb weaver.