User Pennywise's Photo Thread

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
2 molts, the second one was jaw dropping! I love Goliaths, this one is especially intimidating. He moves like Lightning.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Red Bone is a Nhandu Chromatus 1" Sling. I bought it at a local
pet shop about 3 weeks ago. He is refusing food right now.

Attachments

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
IMG_0011 (2).JPG IMG_0011 (2).JPG Looks like my first Singapore Blue molted at 4.5" to be a Male.
Colors are nice and a bit subdued.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I finally managed to photograph the second Singapore Blue. It
could be a female? 4.5" L.
IMG_0042.JPG

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This was a 3/4" Freebie Asia Smokey. It was covered by substrate and thick webbing
in a deli cup for 3 mo and relocated to a small KK up to now, It needs a new enclosure
now and I am looking for a suitable one but that is not a problem, I just wanted to
show it now that it is out and walking on the surface and not hiding in a tunnel.

asian_smokey.JPG

Major 78

Arachnosquire
image.jpeg When I get bored and I see people posting really nice pictures of their tarantulas I like to edit the pics. It doesn't neccasarily make the picture look better, but I think it makes it look cool. Basically what I did was increase DOF with blur feature in my editing software. Then I sharpened up the photo because a few of the hairs were out of focus. Next I enhanced the photo with a food photography style of enhancing. That's as simple as I can put it lol. I could do other stuff but that would require using fliters, and this tarantula is already so pretty I wouldn't want to do that. Very nice tarantula! Oh almost forgot haha, here's the picture. There a couple of patches I forgot in the DOF but from a distance it's not too noticeable.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your C. dyscolus appears to be a mature male!

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When I got him he was less than 3/4" and thin. that was 17 months ago,
Could he possibly be MM at current age?

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My C. dyscolus went from 1” to mature male in less than a year. And he looked similar to yours when mature:
B4149232-6F4C-4385-B397-03D20D66BEDD.jpeg

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This female Singapore Blue has been all but invisible. They are so shy at times
they are strictly a 'Pet Hole'. This one went through an intermediate color phase
that my other female didn't. This photo was taken about 1:00 am EST but there
were many times I got up during the night and checked on her, that she wasn't
out or quickly returned to her burrow by climbing to the top of the cork bark and
going behind it where she has piled mountains of substrate. Now in full living color
but still the photo being snapped through critter keeper plastic walls, it is not quite
as '3D' looking as it could be. She is about 2 years old and about 5 inches. I
Hope you like her! Regards PW
IMG_0150 (2).JPG