Pedigree Data Base for Arachnids

Enki40

Arachnopeon
I'm an owner/breeder of American Pitbull Terriers. I'm an ambassador for the breed and I have Grand Champion bloodlines. We compete in confirmation shows in the Southeast region. One of my males has placed first from Kentucky to Georgia. Pedigrees are of value not only to a breeder, but to owners as well. I know this sounds kinda "far-fetched", but has anyone here ever considered creating a pedigree data base for arachnids?

Also, I think it would be cool to have "Arachnid" shows where we could "compete" (for fun of course) as hobbyist/enthusiast. If any of you have attended a dog show before you know that the dog that fits the breed standard the best is likely to win (according to the judge). In regards to arachnids, I guess the judging would be based on which specimen fits the species standard the best, etc.

I'm a dreamer...so please forgive me lol!! Any ideas....?

Last edited:

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Dream on dreamer! (joke).

If we're talking pedigree lines, I can't see it working. Even eggsacs from two perfectly colored and proportioned parents would have weaker, duller slings in there. I've yet to see any evidence that breeding "perfect" specimens results in slings that are superior to other breedings. What you would consider perfect coloration or size is already so common in most species. Plenty of people would have identical Ts to one that you consider a "pedigree".

It would be fun giving them pedigree names though. "Marjorie Bunntelforth the Third has a nice ring to it :D.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that could work. Yeah there may be no science to selective breeding but like whoever has the best coloring ect.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think that could work. Yeah there may be no science to selective breeding but like whoever has the best coloring ect.
Yes, but that wouldn't be a "pedigree" competition and those shows exist already. Now, if you wanted to hold your own competition then fair enough :).