Pedes Wont Eat

colicabcadam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everyone, i have had 2 pedes (1 tiger leg and one chinese giant) for around 3 months now, they havn't eatern anything, i've tried locusts, meal worms, crickets, they just don't eat. Is this normal for them not to eat for such long periods of time? Any idea's?

Thanks for any help in advance.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
have you tried taking the cricket with tongs and kinda tease feeding the pede?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have an S. polymorpha pedeling that hasn't eaten for nearly two months and is still alive.

Some pedes stop eating for no apparrent reason. It could be premoult or that they're just not hungry.

According to some of the posts on here, some keepers have gotten pedes that don't eat for six or more months.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
like has been said already, could be premolt but fasting is not unheard of

try prekilleds. i am of the opinion that most centipedes are essentially sissies at heart =P

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when my S. h. castaneiceps was 3" it wouldn't tackle or kill any prey at all, not even insect that are a lot smaller. i had to prekilled all its food first and offer it, only then would it eats. It recently molted to about 3.5" and now hunt and kill for food on its own now.
also, what i notice about my S. polymorpha is that they won't eat if the temperature goes down. So try raising the temperature to 80 F and cut up a cricket leaving its guts hanging out. If it doesn't eat the first day, be sure to remove the corpse, then try it again a day later. btw, if you centipede is fat, then i wouldn't worry about it, but if it is thin and not eating then i would worry. good luck.
jason

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my s. h. castaneiceps haven't eaten since winter began. They've been hibernating underground.