Pede that doesn't need alot of humdity?

Sof

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been thinking about getting a pede lately. I'm looking for one that doesn't require a lot of humidty and isn't very small. I like the fact that I can leave my tarantulas for a week or more (vacation, trips, etc) without having to worry about them, so long as the water dish is full and I feed them more often before I leave. So just wondering if theres any pedes that don't need humidty and are ok with little to no humidty for short periods of time (if 1 or 2 weeks is a short period of time for them?).

Thanks.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cacoseraph and Galapoheros, please slap me upside the head if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that Scolopendra heros has lower humidity requirements than most because it comes from a drier environment.

Thoughts, guys?

Alternatively, my high-humidity centipedes are fine if I leave them for a week or so. I just use low-ventilation lids.

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scolopendra cingulata doesn't require a lot of humidity to survive,I keep mine fairly dry with no problems at all. Also leaving it for a week or two doesn't cause any problems.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cacoseraph and Galapoheros, please slap me upside the head if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that Scolopendra heros has lower humidity requirements than most because it comes from a drier environment.

Thoughts, guys?

Alternatively, my high-humidity centipedes are fine if I leave them for a week or so. I just use low-ventilation lids.
SHC is almost always found under rocks or in crevicies around water. Heros heros is probably able to handle dryer conditions but even it will be underground so i would think even they need some humidity but not wet ground

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I've never kept one of those, but I was just thinking it might not need as much humidity as say, a S. subspinipes would.