Pede substrate

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys use as a substrate for your pedes?? It seems people have a lot of different opinions. Some say avoid this or that, while others say to use it. What do you thinks best?

Thanks!

itstracc

Arachnopeon
I use the millipede substrate from Bugs in Cyberspace with some added rotting wood, leaves, and sphagnum moss mixed in, and my millipedes all seem to enjoy it!

For my centipede (since I'm not entirely sure which pede you're referring to), I just use coconut fiber since it holds tunnels well.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys use as a substrate for your pedes?? It seems people have a lot of different opinions. Some say avoid this or that, while others say to use it. What do you thinks best?

Thanks!
For my S.polymorpha, I have ecoearth, with 2 inches of sand and some gravel on top. Idk if you pede is a more tropical species or not, but a more wet species would probably prefer just eco earth, and no sand.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
I have a pedeling S. Galapagoensis.
That would be more tropical, so i would say ecoearth along with some leaf litter and some shagnum moss? Just picture what the bottom of a rainforest floor would look like.

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Hmm alright. These have been very rare in the pet trade recently so I want to get it right. I already have a S. Dehaani and have it in 70% eco earth and 30% sand with sphagnum moss littered across the top