Pede Picture thread!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I can totally see why those are called 'handsome millipedes'! I like millipedes very much, but I found centipedes easier to look after.

Here are some images of my S. morsitans

IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0284.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Where do you guys get your pedes from? I only have two Archirostreptus gigas and one Scolopendra subspinipes

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where do you guys get your pedes from? I only have two Archirostreptus gigas and one Scolopendra subspinipes
Jealous of your A. gigas! It's a species I'm definitely after and saving up for already lol. Bugs in Cyberspace has been where I've gone for millipedes at least, but there's also an expo somewhat near me that happens twice a month that always at least has a couple cheap centipede species. Occasionally some millipedes will pop up though, so I always keep an eye out when I'm there. Occasionally some other online dealers will offer some neat rare millis, but it's not too often. Centipedes seem to come up more frequently on those lists, so it's easier to get exotic species. Could also be due to them being easier to import since they aren't herbivores, but that's probably another conversation for another thread ;)

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Jealous of your A. gigas! It's a species I'm definitely after and saving up for already lol. Bugs in Cyberspace has been where I've gone for millipedes at least, but there's also an expo somewhat near me that happens twice a month that always at least has a couple cheap centipede species. Occasionally some millipedes will pop up though, so I always keep an eye out when I'm there. Occasionally some other online dealers will offer some neat rare millis, but it's not too often. Centipedes seem to come up more frequently on those lists, so it's easier to get exotic species. Could also be due to them being easier to import since they aren't herbivores, but that's probably another conversation for another thread ;)
PM me if you want to get A. gigas for about 50-60 USD. They are WC btw so just putting that out there. I've been looking for some nice Scolopendra sp. but never seem to find anything other than polymorpha, subspinipes, alternans, and dehaani :<

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
PM me if you want to get A. gigas for about 50-60 USD. They are WC btw so just putting that out there. I've been looking for some nice Scolopendra sp. but never seem to find anything other than polymorpha, subspinipes, alternans, and dehaani :<
Cool, I'll be sending a PM your way then right after this ;) Those were pretty much all the species I saw there, though nice color morphs pop up on occasion and there was a guy there with S. hardwickei once which was pretty impressive. He didn't really know what it was either, so he was selling half grown pedes for about $20. Almost picked some up, but I'm not as interested in centipedes and I hadn't kept any before, so I figured I should start with a simple species first. Kind of kicking myself for doing that now lol.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Anastreptus sp.

My Colossobolus giganteus are all males, but they sure seem to like each other.

One of them likes silicone...

"Ghana blonde legged"

"Tanzanian black yellow leg"

Spirostreptidae sp 8

A. gigas, Spirostreptidae sp 8, O. guineensis

A. gigas pedeling

Last edited:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
@Marika GORGEOUS millipedes!!! I especially love the Anastreptus and the cute little A. gigas pedeling! :happy: