Peculiar...

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Spadix has for the last week been wandering around his container with a cricket in his mouth. He is well known for being ravenous around feeding time, but this was only his second crick. So I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this kind of behaviour, holding food for a week?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
never heard of that.. that is strange.. i would think the food would be rather gross after a day

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
maybe i should try and take it away, it looks pretty dried out and what not, the legs have fallen off...lol

maybe hes just getting senile.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nevermind..i think I know why, I just found that hes dead. I'll post pics in a bit when I find my batteries.

that would be the only time i ever touched him.

Last edited:

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it was the other day ..or at least a few days ago when I left him.

Since I've been busy since gettin ghome last night I havent had a chance to look.

and hes officially almost 5" head to telson..he was a big un. I'll take more pics later I guess...batteries need to recharge, and i need to go get my folio at school. So I guess he goes into the freezer for now.

Now I'm gonna have to find something else to fill that 10 gallon with. and all that pretty black sand.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
old age probably, I've had him for a good 4 yrs, and at 5" hes probably not that young, wild caught, I'm sure hes had a good run.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow what a way to die...at least you know he was happy and full.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Funny thing was, I had to pry the cricket from his jaws, so he had taken a bite, but he never finished. I was thinking of geting some of that resin and make him into a paper weight, would be nice to keep him around longer.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
...I was thinking of geting some of that resin and make him into a paper weight, would be nice to keep him around longer.
there is an article in the article section by 'Scarp172' don't know if you read it its all about preserving in resin LINK

Thaedion

<edit> if you put it in the freezer be mindful not to leave it in there too long, a P imp I had in mine for several months (3-5) started to get freezer burn... and a P cavimanus I had in over night started to darken up...

Last edited:

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
awww too bad, a beautiful specimen, definitely worth trying to preserve the old friend...