Pebbles

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got myself a pretty female leopard gecko earlier today, and she's filled with eggs. :) She was part of a breeding colony, but the guy wanted to sell her. I've never been really into lizards, but these caught my eye. They just look so happy all the time. I love all her spots too. Her name's Pebbles. Here's her head:

Last edited:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, leos are great lizards to have. Very personable and easygoing. Enjoy. :)

When I read the subject, I thought "Oh boy, someone wants to know if pebbles make a good substrate." I was getting ready to say something about it. =D

Bry

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Aww. They have such....pretty eyes. I guess cuz theyre always licking them. So cute. Nice pic ! :D

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very Cool PG. You're gonna love her. They're easy to care for, docile, and easy to breed. This a female I hacthed out 3 years ago:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
Aww. They have such....pretty eyes. I guess cuz theyre always licking them. So cute. Nice pic ! :D
Actually, leopard geckos are part of a small group of geckos that have eyelids, so they don't need to lick their eyes. :) Their toes have claws instead of lamellae which allow them to climb glass. I believe that's part of their attractiveness, they can't escape as easily as other geckos when the cage lid is opened. Their gentle, tame demeanor makes them all the nicer to have.

Bry

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Do they? I've had them for 4 years, and never once saw them lick anything other than their lips and their crotches. Although, I don't think I would be licking my eyes after licking my crotch. =D

Bry

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 8 yr old pair lick their eyes once in a blue. I've caught them doing it after I sprayed their nest box or tank.
Mike