• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Paruroctonus ?silvestrii?

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Paruroctonus silvestrii

i got tagged on the left ring finger removeign a larger one from a pill bottle. initial pain was an 8 and i danced aroudn cussing for 5 min, my finger then swelled a little and bendign it hurt this lasted for abotu 24 hrs then subsided

Last edited:

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was stung by my female p.silvestrii(~1.5inch) on 10/26/06. the sting could be described as an itch more so than an actual pain. i experienced no symptoms other than the itching which went away within 2 days of the sting.

p.s. sorry it took me so long to post this, completely forgot about this part of the forum....

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have been stung numerous times by what has tentatively been id'ed as P. silvestrii. The stings typically have no effect on me, however the last time i was stung (call it sting #30, conservatively) i had a red bump about .5cm in diameter that arose from the sting site at around +12hours and lasted for a couple days.

In no way does the sting of this species dissuade me from hand catching them.

the pain has always been .1/5, less than a good papercut

... i am starting to think i am too stupid to feel venom pain. nice!

this is the scorpion that stung me and gave me the red bump

zoom
look at the venom on its tail!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got stung also by a P.sil. The initial pain was an 6 in the pain scale but subsided VERY quickly the next second was gone and what fallowed was mild discomfort. The intersting thing about this one is that the scorp "jumped" to tag me. Also squirted venom at me. Any one else have anything like this?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have been stung numerous times by what has tentatively been id'ed as P. silvestrii. The stings typically have no effect on me, however the last time i was stung (call it sting #30, conservatively) i had a red bump about .5cm in diameter that arose from the sting site at around +12hours and lasted for a couple days.

In no way does the sting of this species dissuade me from hand catching them.

the pain has always been .1/5, less than a good papercut

... i am starting to think i am too stupid to feel venom pain. nice!

this is the scorpion that stung me and gave me the red bump

zoom
look at the venom on its tail!
i went night hunting a month or so ago and caught a few more of these guys. i was stung by a couple adults and the stings were by far the most painful ihave every felt from this species. defintely not anything too traumatic.. but i did drop scorpions again because of sting surprise. i would say these stings have gotten up to .5/5 on my personal pain scale (a bee sting is a 1/5). the stings also seemed to have resulted in some kind of very slight necrosis/cytolysis or something... i developed "hard patches" of noticeably denser tissue at the sting sites that sort of sloughed off over the next couple weeks. i experienced this with Anuroctonus species, too.

i am starting to become dissuaded at taking frivolous hits from this and other local species

at a real rough estimate i would say i have been stung by this species around 50 times and by local species around 100 times total, including stings by all age ranges. most stings were in the field or just post catching, prior to setting them up at my house. it would be interesting to see if there is a dart frog-esque affect, where venom is in part dependant on the prey taken down

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I finally get to post in this part of the forum:wall:

I got stung a few hours ago by an adult while collecting about 10 minutes from my house.I reached down to grab it by the tail and it clawed me then booked it.It ran about 2 feet and I went to grab it by the tail again but I didn't get a good grip and the next thing I know I feel a little prick on the tip of my left index finger.I must have looked super stupid because I just stood there looking at the scorpion like,"What the hell?".I put it in the deli cup and then started walking more.My finger started to tingle,and I kept waiting for it to get worse,but it never did.I'm thinking it may have been either a dry sting or just a sting with very minimal envenomation because it never really hurt.Now I'm curious and am debating if I should induce a sting to see if it's really that weak,or just didn't get me good... Hmmm:?