• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Paruroctonus boreus

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got stung by a 1 1/2 wild caught adult female Paruroctonus boreus on April 23, 2005. I was atempting to pick her up by the tail after finding her underneath a rock when I recieved a sting on the tip if the middle finger of my right hand. The pain was immediate and was VERY VERY hot. The hot pain lasted about 5 minutes and then after about 10 minutes my finger was completely numb. It was numb for about half an hour. I had no lasting affects accept for localized pain of the sting site. It did not require any medical atention.

If anybody else has been stung by a P.boreus please share your experience :D

super-pede

Arachnobaron
I got stung today and it felt like a hornet sting.immediate and short lasting pain.

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
I've been stung before, a few weeks ago, by a WC that I found that was missing it's left chela. It tagged me right in the middle of my palm, and as super-pede said, it felt just like a hornet sting. It got red after about a minute, but the redness faded after about 10 minutes, with the pain disappearing in about 15. It still smarted a bit for about two days afterward if strong pressure was applied right where the sting site was.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I got tagged by P. boreus on the 20th on my left ring finger in the Columbia Gorge. I felt like a needle prick and I had slight sharp pain for about 5 minutes but showed no symptoms after that. It felt less severe than a standard honey bee sting.