Parthenogenetic Scorpions

GS

Arachnoknight
No matter what family they came from, parthenogenetic scorpions really attracts my attention. I'll love to learn more about the different species who has this magnificent capability of nature and hopefully, keepers can post their parthenogenetic collection for either discussion or simply for pic/vid sharing :)

Personally, I'm raising a brood of 21 Hottentotta Hottentottas to have them housed communally when they have reached 6-7th instars. Currently they have attained 5th instars and its just one more molt to go before the great reunion :)

Two more of my adult Hottentotta Hottentottas have also popped for the past 1 week with one more adult popping any min now. I'm preparing their setups now while they're still on their mum's back.

Below are some of my contributions:

1st Instars

2nd Instars

4-5th Instars

Latest updates:

Under Blacklight:

Feeding:

Videos:

[YOUTUBE]DwEJq79eE2c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]e-h3usP2GjY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xL0wtPuKBcg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UzWaRle-7LQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LsY1kvaMC9Y[/YOUTUBE]

Pse feel free to post your parthenogenetic collections to share if possible :D
Regards,
GS

GS

Arachnoknight
Mass feeding for my 5th Instars H.Hottentottas'! BaM BaM + BAM!!

Actual video is in 720HD in my iphone but i couldn't get it downloaded to my pc for youtube upload and have to do direct upload from my iphone which makes the reso low in 360HD. Will try to rectify it for your enjoyment.
Here goes.. :D

[YOUTUBE]Nsd4p-P9fBs[/YOUTUBE]

kharmakazy

Arachnopeon
Both of my HH died...

I still have 5 H judaicus... but I was hoping the parthenogenic scrops would get fruitful and multiply with themselves.

ooi

Arachnopeon
Do you sell any of these lovely scorpions? I currently only have Emperors, and want to expand my collection :D
Parthenogenic scorpions fascinate me!

GS

Arachnoknight
cant wait till mine starts spitting them out :D
In no time, you'll have more then you can imagine i guess :)

Both of my HH died...
I still have 5 H judaicus... but I was hoping the parthenogenic scrops would get fruitful and multiply with themselves.
Sry to hear that. Sometimes it just happen. Hope you'll have better results with them in future. Btw, great H Judaicus collection you have, i've my eyes on them for quite some time. Hope you can multiply them in good numbers :)

Do you sell any of these lovely scorpions? I currently only have Emperors, and want to expand my collection :D
Parthenogenic scorpions fascinate me!
Sry for late reply. If i'm not wrong, you are getting from Vixvy right?
He has great healthy specimens. Congrats! & do post some pics up when you can :D

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is some of my Parthenogenic collection:
Hottentotta hottentotta ex. caboverdensis I believe this was taken when she was 4i

Tityus stigmurus adult

Tityus serrulatus 4i

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Hello GSscorpions82,

Where may I be able to find the rectangled cell enclosure of your Hottentotta hottentotta?

Thanks,

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is Hottentotta hottentotta one of the least venomous parthenogenetic scorpions out there relatively speaking?

I know they're no emperors but wouldn't want a fatal attraction! I believe those cell enclosures are tackle boxes.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Is Hottentotta hottentotta one of the least venomous parthenogenetic scorpions out there relatively speaking?

I know they're no emperors but wouldn't want a fatal attraction! I believe those cell enclosures are tackle boxes.
No. It would be compared to the pathenogenetic species of Tityus, but there are other parthenogenetic species in other genera. Liocheles australisae is one that comes to mind...

GS

Arachnoknight
Hello GSscorpions82,
Where may I be able to find the rectangled cell enclosure of your Hottentotta hottentotta?
Thanks,
Hi JC,
Sooner bro is right. You should be able to get some at your local hardware store :)

Tip: You might already know this, try not to get those with removable partitions. Especially if the removable partitions' surface contain grooves for the scorplings to climb over. If they can climb up, they might be able to escape through the top vent holes you made (since vent holes are unavoidable for adequate ventilation. Plus..2i-3i scorplings are really tiny and its kinda hard to melt such a tiny hole to restrict them, even if manage to do it.. ventilation might be compromised)

Hope it helps :)
GS

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Here is some of my Parthenogenic collection...
Awesome Parthenogenic collection bro :)

Especially so for that neat looking Tityus stigmurus!
Btw, what instars do they start popping ? :drool:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they "start popping" approx. 6-7 months after reaching adulthood, mostly at instar 5 or 6 (sometimes they mature one instar earlier, that's why I say 5 or 6)...

GS

Arachnoknight
they "start popping" approx. 6-7 months after reaching adulthood, mostly at instar 5 or 6 (sometimes they mature one instar earlier, that's why I say 5 or 6)...
Thanks for the fast reply Michiel!
Hmnm.. am i right to say once they start popping, say at 5i, they will not be able to achieve 6i anymore?

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey GS, mind taking a pic of your sectioned box and your adults with a ruler beside it? Would like to compare yours with mine.

Edit* nvm you did, didnt see it before

Last edited:

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whats the most times a H. hottentotta can molt from anyones experience?

william_wang

Arachnopeon
IMG_0013.jpg
My scorpions poped last weekend.
I come from China.
I want to get some other parthenogenetic scorpions.

GS

Arachnoknight
Is it odd that one reaches 8i?
I've one that pops at 6i (gone through 5 molts), giving a total of about 34 babies.
It's considered rare for Hottentotta Hottentotta reach 8i (gone through 7 molts) i guess :?
I'm raising a fresh new brood of 21 and currently they are at 6i, will update about them when they start their "popcorn factory" {D

My scorpions poped last weekend.
I come from China.
I want to get some other parthenogenetic scorpions.
Gratz with the brood! Thanks for posting it up :)

Last edited: