Pardosa SP. breeding attemps I

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
hey everyone
I just put a M and F well fed Pardosa together to mate, i will update when things change.

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
Final update:
The male litterally just jumped the female and killed her....:bigtears:
He was even smaler than the female. I don't know what i did wrong. I fed them litterally the morning that i put them together, the enclosure was big enough and had enough places and things to hide under. This honestly kind of discourages me from even trying to breed any spiders because i'm scared they will get killed. I know that it happens in some species, but i mean... the male just jumped her...

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure the female was mature? I would imagine it's difficult to know when they're so small, and I'd bet there isn't much information about breeding online. You might have a bit more luck both with Mating and sling rearing with more familiar or larger species.

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
Are you sure the female was mature? I would imagine it's difficult to know when they're so small, and I'd bet there isn't much information about breeding online. You might have a bit more luck both with Mating and sling rearing with more familiar or larger species.
She was fully mature, didn't molt for a whole month while i had her