Paraphidippus fartilis

Marlana

Arachnoknight
This species is one of my favorite jumping spiders. It’s been an honor to work on breeding and raising them! Way harder than any jumpers I’ve raised and they have smaller clutches. I lost all but 1 baby of my first clutch. But it seems to be going better with subsequent sacs. E657ADAC-AC12-4EA5-BD96-CCFF2FF0BD6E.jpeg 060696EE-62A5-46A5-9806-BF06209CDC42.jpeg

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Interesting. I wonder why the mortality rate is so high.
It’s partly because they are extremely tiny and it’s hard to get them eating. I tried springtails but they weren’t reliably eating them. I switched to melanogaster but that’s hit or miss too. They also need a lot of water which is hard with such tiny slings. I killed a couple misting before I got the hang of it.

Then considering the sacs are only 10-50 to start with. Most of my sacs have been under 20.

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
I know this is an old post but man I love this specie. If anyone does end up selling any slings let me know.

I even have a spider backpack based off the specie haha

desmith0927

Arachnopeon
It’s partly because they are extremely tiny and it’s hard to get them eating. I tried springtails but they weren’t reliably eating them. I switched to melanogaster but that’s hit or miss too. They also need a lot of water which is hard with such tiny slings. I killed a couple misting before I got the hang of it.

Then considering the sacs are only 10-50 to start with. Most of my sacs have been under 20.
I know this is old but have you tried aphids at all? How is it going? Any better?