Paraphidippus aurantius In Nest for Weeks

Actias Luna

Arachnopeon
Previously I posted about how I thought that my female Paraphidippus aurantius had laid an egg sac. It's been nearly nine weeks since the day that I suspected she laid the egg sac, and for the past two weeks at least she hasn't left her nest. When I prod at her nest a little bit, she moves around, so I'm pretty sure that she's still alive in there, but she hasn't left the nest at all. This is my first pet jumping spider, so I'm not sure what to do and if I should be concerned. It's hard to find info about Paraphidippus species since Phids are more commonly kept as pets. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Previously I posted about how I thought that my female Paraphidippus aurantius had laid an egg sac. It's been nearly nine weeks since the day that I suspected she laid the egg sac, and for the past two weeks at least she hasn't left her nest. When I prod at her nest a little bit, she moves around, so I'm pretty sure that she's still alive in there, but she hasn't left the nest at all. This is my first pet jumping spider, so I'm not sure what to do and if I should be concerned. It's hard to find info about Paraphidippus species since Phids are more commonly kept as pets. Any guidance would be appreciated!
With egg sacks it’s normal that they stay in there for even months. A few weeks is completely normal.