Parahybana made an empty eggsac

mercury904

Arachnopeon
my 5 yr old female made an empty eggsac was there an instance that this happened to you guys? :happy:

mercury904

Arachnopeon
Empty as in no eggs, no fluid, pure silken ball?
am not sure if its 100% empty but im pretty sure she aint pregnant cos she molted few months ago ang never did any successfull matings after the molt...her abdomen got alot smaller now though

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are called "dud" or "phantom" sacs. There are numerous threads on this site about them. Happens relatively often.

mercury904

Arachnopeon
They are called "dud" or "phantom" sacs. There are numerous threads on this site about them. Happens relatively often.
i've checked her just now shes not carrying them no more the sac just sits on the side

Thanx :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
With no eggs in them? I've had plenty of phantom sacs over the years, but they always contained at least a few dud eggs in them. Only once have I ever had a spider make a sac , that I believed contained no eggs in it.

Later, Tom

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my 5 yr old female made an empty eggsac was there an instance that this happened to you guys? :happy:
No, I personally have never done this. :clown:

Oh, I am so BAD, they're going to kick me off this forum! :laugh:

Sorry. :roflmao:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Personaly Stan;
If I found myself able to produce a sac at all; I'd be less concearned what was in it, and more that I had done it ;)

mercury904

Arachnopeon
ive checked her again and i was trying to grab the sac and she wont let go of it...i tried to slit a small hole and noticed that there are eggs in it :bomb:

could there be a possiblity that those are unfertilized eggss??

---------- Post added 02-18-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

how will i know?

when will i know?

Thanks in advance guys

thanx for putting some humor :)

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
I like that i had no idea what your user name was on here stan but i knew this was you based off the humor and the post.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ive checked her again and i was trying to grab the sac and she wont let go of it...i tried to slit a small hole and noticed that there are eggs in it :bomb:

could there be a possiblity that those are unfertilized eggss??

---------- Post added 02-18-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

how will i know?

when will i know?

Thanks in advance guys

thanx for putting some humor :)
If your female has molted between the time you got her and the time she dropped a sac, it's a dud.

If your female has never been paired before, it's a dud.

mercury904

Arachnopeon
If your female has molted between the time you got her and the time she dropped a sac, it's a dud.

If your female has never been paired before, it's a dud.

Thanx for your help but im sorry im just excited :)

can you judge the eggs if they are feritlized or not? coz i treid to mate them twice after the molt but those werent succeesfull (basing on my POV)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...NIDS/BRAZILIAN BIRDEATING SPIDER/IMG_2315.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...NIDS/BRAZILIAN BIRDEATING SPIDER/IMG_1250.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...NIDS/BRAZILIAN BIRDEATING SPIDER/IMG_1241.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...NIDS/BRAZILIAN BIRDEATING SPIDER/IMG_2313.jpg

---------- Post added 02-18-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

try to click the actual photo after clicking on the link to make it zoom a bit more :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to embed your pics for you:

Thanx for your help but im sorry im just excited :)

can you judge the eggs if they are feritlized or not? coz i treid to mate them twice after the molt but those werent succeesfull (basing on my POV)

---------- Post added 02-18-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

try to click the actual photo after clicking on the link to make it zoom a bit more :)