1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Paragaleodes care

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Sarkhan42, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnodemon

Advertisement
    Just picked up a beautiful and active Paragaleodes sp (I believe from egypt?) and I’ve been doing my best to set it up nicely.

From what I understand, deep substrate that holds its shape for burrowing, and making sure not to overfeed are key. I was also curious how necessary a cold period is for their development, as I know many of the US species require it.

Any additional tips or info would be much appreciated, and I’ll be sure to add photos later!

2. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoprince Active Member

I wouldn't say a cold period, just no extreme temps. Both of mine have sealed themselves off and I only plan on feeding them once they emerge from their burrows.

3. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnodemon

I actually after posting this ran into a guide from someone who has bred them overseas, who uses additional heating alongside more frequent feeding with huge success. Supposedly he’s only experienced the issues with overfeeding when he did not provide outside heat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoprince Active Member

That is the exact opposite of what I’ve heard, interesting, can you link/provide the source for that?

5. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnodemon

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1007237142695429&set=gm.10156849650985635&type=3

Unfortunately what I found is on Facebook which makes it a massive pain to copy/share if it’s old.

This is the “guide” I found through some Facebook searching. If you search various keywords like “Paragaleodes” in the arachnoboards Facebook group, you’ll find other info and posts from the same user, as well as some small bits from others.

6. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

@Smokehound714, thoughts? I know it isn't a US species, but you may still have some tips and tricks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.