Parabuthus Transvaalicus Molt delayed?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
When purchased the store owner says it came to his possession January 10th and had not molted in his care. To this date it still has not molted out of what I'm assuming is 2i or 3i . Is this normal? Not much experience dealing with young ones. From what I read they are suppose to molt rather quickly when Young if well fed ?

He was eating a cricket his size twice a week with no hesitation but last week was the first time food was refused. My rhopalurus was smaller and is already starting to out grow him

Attachments

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There can be a drastic length of time between molts due to genetics, speculation here but I think it's to stager some individuals to breed with a more diverse gene pool. For example, I had this pair of transvaalicus, I will say they are generation "a". They had a generation and all but one matured, will call those generation b. Some of generation b mated and had babies and so will call those generation c, and all those have now matured and could have generation d. But there is still that one female from generation b that has not matured yet! That is still blowing my mind. I wish I had those lengthy telomeres haha.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I've had a Parabuthus schlecteri (thx @pannaking22) for a long time (since September I think) and (s)he has been super fat ever since. It still had only 1 minor meal in my care and refuses everything. Just waiting for a molt -.-

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Parabuthus can be really stubborn for whatever reason when it comes to molting. They're like the Brachypelma of the scorp world lol.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yes flicking tail and rejecting food last week was the first time I noticed pre molt and it was skittish when trying to feed

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Woot another molt. This period was quick
Last molt was on April 17th... a little over a month from 3i - 4i
20170528_064352.jpg