Parabuthus transvaalicus brood

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Caught her this evening in the act! A few dead eggs but I seriously didnt expect her to give birth for another two months!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all! Sadly it's an insanely small brood. It's mostly due to her not being in a breeder setup for some months while she was gravid.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Well hopefully all goes good with them, but I'm pretty sure with your husbandry skills that's a definite anyway

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Breed Master does it again.
I'm going to sneak over to his house and find out wth he has been feeding them. Spanish fly mixed with mole blood no doubt. Lol!
About 1/2 of the scorpion species I have are from Dustin. Always great to deal with and only 2 miles away.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Lol Spanish flys and mole blood :smug: maybe I need to get this little guy on the Dustin diet... Fresh molt yesterday (NOT nearly as exciting as a brood) haha 20170528_064352.jpg

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Thanks all! Sadly it's an insanely small brood. It's mostly due to her not being in a breeder setup for some months while she was gravid.
Hi, When you say 'breeder setup' do you mean a setup with higher temperatures, or is there more to the setup?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi, When you say 'breeder setup' do you mean a setup with higher temperatures, or is there more to the setup?
Kinda yea! I mean a tank to herself and taken care of as if I knew she was gravid. She was in with my main colony which didnt have a heat lamp.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah ok. Do you keep your together communally?
Right now I do! They're great together as adults. However, once you suspect a female is gravid, best practice is to remove her to her own brooding tank lol

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Right now I do! They're great together as adults. However, once you suspect a female is gravid, best practice is to remove her to her own brooding tank lol
Very interesting! I never knew they could be kept communal as adults. I will definitely have to give this a try.