Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Parabuthus Mossambicensis or Pallidus?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by RyoKenzaki, Jun 27, 2009.

1. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    I was told its from Africa but im not sure which part of Africa
    Got this on last october, haven't molt until now so i assume its an adult at the size of 7-8cm from telson till chela
    Majority of the people from scorpionforum.darkbb.com suggest its Mossambicensis but the Parabuthus expert that i know, Peter suggest its a Pallidus and request some shot of metasoma
    So here goes

- metasomal segment I und II, dorsal
    [​IMG]
    - metasomal segment I und II, lateral
    [​IMG]
    - metasomal segment IV und V, ventral
    [​IMG]
    - metasomal segment IV und V, lateral
    [​IMG]
    - chela
    [​IMG]
    - overall
    [​IMG]

These are the clearest pictures that i can take as i don't have a camera that can do a good micro shot
    Thanks in advance

2. saxman146

saxman146 Arachnobaron Old Timer

I believe that one is parabuthus mossambicensis. Wherever you got it from, you are a lucky dog.

3. pandinus

pandinus Arachnoking Old Timer

do you have a pic of it post moult, i would love to see what it looks like now

John

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Arachnopeon

Why do you think so?

You are wrong there. There is literature about Parabuthus spp. out on the internet for FREE! Check it out ;)

I don't want to rewrite my post from VL, just check the following thread. I gave a clear answer based on Prendini's revision why it can't be P. mossambicensis.
    http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25161

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  5. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

Thx for the quick reply, a bit disappointed its nt a mossambicensis though
    Anw i dont have a pic of it in post molt as i believe she is already an adult
    I got her 8months already and she still din molt

6. pandinus

pandinus Arachnoking Old Timer

well she definitely doesnt look like an adult to me, and ive had scorpions go that long without moulting so i wouldnt give up yet. if she is an adult she needs a diet like nobody's business

John

7. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

I remember i read tat the maximum size of Pallidus is 7-8cm, tats exactly the measurement of my Pallidus hmm
    But im not sure too, need peter to confirm this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.