Panther Chameleon

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Check out my daughter's Panther. This one was a runt but is growing slowly.

Bob

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what awesome colors! Are they 'friendlier' than the Jacksons, or the Veiled Chameleons?

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Panther is the ultimate chameleon in my opinion. The colors get better depending on his mood. She had a veiled but was not freindly at all. This one is shy but never shows any aggresion at all. A animal importer told me that these are now on Cites list.............who knows but I recomend them if you can find one. Needs plenty of plants to hide in.

Bob

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was under the impression that C. pardalis wasn't endangered. However, CITES and reality don't necessarily go hand in hand. I wouldn't be surprised if every other species of chameleon was threatened but I thought that the panther chameleons were able to exploit low brush areas and other "degraded by man" habitats. In any case, you have a beautiful chameleon. Is it a Nosy Be blue?

Karen N.

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice Pardalis. :) I had a big male Nosy Be for 7yrs. Great animals....unfortunately my life now doesn't allow me the time to care for them properly...I do miss them. As far as the CITES listing, I remeber that all Malagasy chameleons where put on the the CITES list several years ago, except Pardalis, Oustaleti and I think Verrucosus. There may have been some changes, but it shouldn't really affect the availabilty of Pardalis, since it seems that this species is being bred in good numbers in captivity. I usually see many dealers at the reptile shows selling CB Pardalis hatchlings. As far as their survival on Madagascar, the Pardalis are very good at surviving in modified/degraded environments ........same with the Oustaleti, but they like drier climates.