Panic mode super big time.

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
See, you are getting help on the enclosure because your question about the injury was literally answered in the first post. Tarantulas have a valve at the base of the leg that closes off in case of injury, so your t will be just fine, there is no problem with a missing leg and literally nothing that can or should be done aside from preventing it from happening again, hence the enclosure advice and not further injury advice, which would just be redundant..

The depth of the sub will be entirely dictated by the depth of the enclosure. 6 inches is fine on one enclosure, in another its woefully inadequate. Its not just that they need the burrowing space, but also that the sub needs to be deep enough relative to the height of the enclosure to prevent falling injuries.

The fact that it is or could be male is 100% completely irrelevant. Mature males wander and are even more prone to falls, especially as they age, so the addition of sub is just as important, male or female. Trust me, males are common, we have all had males mature many times and know what its like to have them...although mine never bloomed...lol.

Lol!! Yeah I have no idea what the bloom thing even came from.
I've added much more substrate, and fixing to show what I think is an appropriate lid for the enclosure I have at this time.
I've not made one yet but, absolutely will and try it.
It's simple and I'm sure someone has already thought of this.
This is a lid for what is basically a five gallon fish tank.
Magnet's hot glued to the corners on the tank. It has about a 3/8 depth lip maybe more I've not measured it yet. Piece of acrylic with vent holes drilled in cut to fit inside the perimeter of the tank with magnets on the corners as well.
I thought about some rare earth magnets I have and they are way strong. I just need to figure a way to make handle so to speak to lift the lid.

I've done nothing more than add lots more substrate,and feed. It's not a male. That much I'm sure of it would totally be in full bloom at this size LMAO!
Thank you for that if not ever really been able to laugh at myself for being an idiot I don't think. But that actually had me in the floor when you quoted that.

Last edited by a moderator:

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
You could probably just attach that same drilled acrylic to the underside of the screen lid you already have, would make for better visibility from the top.