• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Pangaea Pets - Florida (Gainesville)

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
If you live near Gainesville, FL, there's a wonderful Pet store off of 34th and Archer called Pangaea Pets. The shop owner, Ben, is highly knowledgable in T's and has an excellent collection.

I purchased my adult B. Smithi there for $120, my Desert Blonde for $50, my Pink Toe for $10, Cobalt Blue for $30, and over time with various purchases, four free slings (Haitan Brown Bird Eater, 3 Trinidad Chevrons - one died and he replaced the freebie with another!).

They have a lot of spiders and Ben doesn't mind at all showing them to you, which is nice. There's nothing worse than feeling like you're being rushed when looking at a spider.

Food and other items in the pet store are average priced. They have some reptiles, also average priced. It's the T's I go there for, though! Also, they are able to order almost anything you want, so that's a big plus.

This is my "go to" store - if you're in the area, look them up!

Nic160

Arachnopeon
I started getting T's from Ben 9 or 10 months ago. He has good prices and is very honest. He knows a lot about his T's(though he would deny this if you asked him !!!) I've now probably purchased 7 or 8 from him. I find him to be honest; and though it's rare, if he doesn't know the answer to a question he will be honest and tell you he doesn't know. I would highly recommend Pangea ! They are good people.

SHEAFMom

Arachnopeon
just found

I just "found" Pangaea Pets a few weeks ago. Although I live 30 minutes away we have been in the store many times. They have been wonderful. The people are very friendly, you don't feel like you are bothering them when you walk in. When our Preying Mantis egg sac hatched they had the best set up of flightless fruitflys I have ever found (we have been raising mantis babies off and on for 10 years). We just purchased our first T last week. A beautiful little sling Chaco. Although we have not yet had the opportunity, we are looking forward to their monthly kids program. I am so glad we have such a great store here in Gainesville.

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Unlike the previous posters, I've never had any dealings with the owner and my opinion of the store is much less positive. The last time I was in the store, the smell was almost unbearable. I didn't find much of a selection of tarantulas and some of them were housed in less than ideal conditions.